Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I'd like to see the jaw on these deer. 8 1/2 would be flat and almost nothing showing in back around here.
    Me too. Dont see too many that make it to that age around here.

Comment

I got my doe yesterday morning also

Comment

The one doe had no tooth left, second had maybe 1/4 inch left and mine was between the two maybe 1/8th. If I can figure out how to do it my doe head is in my freezer, I wil l take a picture.

Comment

Here's the pic of the right jaw from 8.5 year old doe.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks- that is one I can put at 7+ Not many in the area with any age on them. If anyone shoots anything over 6 years get in touch with me- my kid is building a board with deer jaws and I dont have one from the yard over 5 1/2

Comment

You can have mine

Comment

One day when you are headed to the area Ill come get it from you. I live on the lake and could easily just meet you after your hunt. I do have to work ACL this weekend.

Comment

how do go about hunting out here ? possibly interested, is there a waiting list ? would greatly appreciate any info..

Comment

Originally posted by aframecrider View Post
                    how do go about hunting out here ? possibly interested, is there a waiting list ? would greatly appreciate any info..
                    Here are the instructions posted this year, most likely they will be the same next year.

192 applications were submitted for the 2014-2015 season.

Applications for the 2014-2015 season will be available starting May 5, 2014 at the Lake Georgetown Project Office from 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Payments for the application fee will be made at the park gate houses (Cedar Breaks Park, Jim Hogg Park, and Russell Park) Monday – Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm with credit card only. Cash and checks will not be accepted. Our office will no longer take payments for the applications and permits. Individuals must go to the gate house, pay the $25 application fee by credit card, and bring the receipt to the office to fill out the 2014-2015 application. Applications will be accepted until July 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM. After July 3, 2014, the Lake Georgetown Project office will not accept any more applications for the 2014-2015 season.

New for the 2014-2015 season, applicants can apply as an individual or as a group with up to four people (max). Applicants must be able to provide each group members first name and last name. Applicants may not apply as a group and as an individual. When applying as a group, payment for each individual in the group must be made before the application will be accepted. For example, a group of four applicants will need to sumbit $100 nonrefundable application fee receipt at the time the application is submitted. Applicants may only be in one group, if an applicant is found in more than one group his or her name will be removed from the draw.

Hunters who harvested a doe during the 2013-2014 season will be exempt from the draw, but must complete an application and submit their $25.00 application fee. Group members included on an exempt hunter's application will not be exempt from the draw.

Hunters drawn will be notified by email no later than the first week of August. Hunters drawn for a 2014-2015 archery permit must attend Hunter Orientation on August 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM. The orientation is mandatory, no exceptions. Please plan on being available for three hours. Before attending orientation, hunters must obtain an archery proficiency test, hunter education certification (unless exempt by State of Texas regulations), a 2014-2015 TPWD hunting license, and a receipt for $90 from one of the three gate houses. If you do not have one of the four items you will not be issued a permit during orientation. Hunters may not set up stands/feeders until permits are issued. Effective for the 2014-2015 season, all hunters must harvest a mature doe or spike before they may harvest a buck.

No refunds will be given for failure to provide one of the nessacary documents:

1. Proficiency Test with a passing score.

2. Hunters Education Certification

3. 2014-2015 TPWD Hunting License

4. Receipt for $90.00 from park gate house.

If you have any questions please email or call the office at (512) 930-2283.

For information concerning hunting and fishing at other Corps of Engineer Lakes in the Forth Worth District, SWF Hunting Guide 2014-2015 .

Comment

Thanks stringstalker, I appreciate all the info!

Comment

So I got this new guy just started showing up on my camera.

I need a 2nd opinion of if he makes 13" or not, what do y'all think?
                        Attached Files

Comment

He does make it based on pic.

Comment

Way to close IMO not worth it

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              He does make it based on pic.
                              Nope his ears are wider than his antlers Im think 12.25"
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone going to hunt the rain tomorrow morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X