Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irvingbowhunter View Post
    for any doubters on bucks on corp land...lots of bucks of that quality...especially in bosque co....
    I thought they were all in Hill county, around Lake Aquilla. Just ask ericm1981 . Everyone knows....... "there ain't know deer around Lake Whitney" .

Hi Eric!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I thought they were all in Hill county, around Lake Aquilla. Just ask ericm1981 . Everyone knows....... "there ain't know deer around Lake Whitney" .

Hi Eric!
      I saw 180" double drop over at the state park....2 160" studs over on the Bosque county side.
      3 spikes over at Aquilla....

Comment

had a good night I had 2 small 8's come in and wear each other out for about 10 minutes. that was the first time ever having deer bust heads right under me.

Comment

Eric, you know just because a biologist had the 180 in a cage taking....uh....."samples" for the high fence in Bosque where the two 160"s are, don't qualify it as hunt-able around the lake.

Now about those spikes. You got my interest up. Send me a PM on location

Comment

Eric, you know just because a biologist had the 180 in a cage taking....uh....."samples" for the high fence in Bosque where the two 160"s are, don't qualify it as hunt-able around the lake.

Now about those spikes. You got my interest up. Send me a PM on location
            I did see a real nice 8 tonight at football practice at the city park. They run the dam of the water treatment facility at the back of the park. He was nose down chasing a doe. Saw a spike chasing 2 does also.

Comment

If their horns get to long, they begin to stink. Spikes stink just a little. Thats what I like about-em, less stink . Now that spike was with two does you said? I've got just enough tags to take all three

Comment

Congrats on the bucks guys!!!!

Comment

Cant wait till this weekend to hit the woods. Got a feeling it will be my week. What am i talkin about i always got that feeling.

Comment

Hi Eric!
                    I can confirm that to be negative. I will forward you the data from my squirrel observation station if need be

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                      Finally got out to the corp this morning for my first set.
                      Sweet, I had one that looked like his brother come into the rattle horns but couldn't close the deal. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
                        I can confirm that to be negative. I will forward you the data from my squirrel observation station if need be
                        Heck yeah...If your looking to shoot a booner squirrel Lake A is the spot

Comment

I went to feed this evening and 6, yes I said 6, of my pets are now missing. Anybody seen them? One hobbles a bit, another is really old. three really young ones and one must have come from Comanche Peak. It had two heads and 5 legs. If any one should see them, please send me a PM ASAP. I am already missing another, the 60 lb-er with 14 points on one side and 7 on the other that walks in circles because his rack is so heavy on one side.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-17-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                            Heck yeah...If your looking to shoot a booner squirrel Lake A is the spot
                            I am thinking I might get a blow gun the same dia as my arrows so I can carry it in my quiver.

A man doesn't truly know what he is made of until he is 15' up a tree and face to face with a barking squirrel.

Comment

New to Bowhunting and public land....

Hey guys & gals(if there are any - don't want to offend). Anyway I spent most of last night into the wee morning hours reading last years and through all of this years posts on Whitney/Aquilla. I'm really excited, not only to the unknown of public land but the fact I've never shot a deer with a bow. I've been practicing in the backyard a lot and feel really comfortable there with no adrenaline pumping through my veins, we will see what happens in the woods when there is a deer in the peep sight. Going out this weekend to try my luck. Sounds like a lot of you guys do a lot of scouting out there before the season. I hope to do the same for next year, as long as I fill out my survey right? I'm taking the family camping at McCowan Valley and I get to hunt. I plan to hunt H9 and don't know anything about it. Hope not to step on anyone's toes out there, or mess up a chance at a deer while moving in and out. Since I'm new and don't know the area I'll take the GPS so I can get back to the truck(F-350 SRW 4-door) if ya see me gimme some pointers. Anyway thanks for the great forums on here. Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there.

Comment

Welcome to the green screen, have fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X