No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The posts are slow huh, dog days of summer, only 2 1/2 more months. Less if you count dove season.

Comment

I just realized my freezer is mighty short of meat products. Im gonna have to get out and find me a pig or two.

Comment

Razor, I've been too whipped to get on here as much and have had almost zero time for hunting and fishing. Been working out in the heat too much and have paid for it. Took myself and two other men that I paid, to help load/haul/unload one of my farm tractors that I'm repairing myself. A valve tappet broke and then chipped off a piece of the block in the crankcase. Having the block repaired may not be an option, so, I'm searching for another good used engine to install. These big diesel tractors are so heavy and are dangerous to load, especially when they aren't running and they have to be winched and pushed onto a trailer with another tractor or skid-steer. Unloading was just as hard as loading.

Got another one that needs work and also has to be hauled, but it's even heavier and weighs between 21,000 - 25,000 pounds. The engine alone weighs around 6,000 pounds. Gotta borrow or maybe buy a bigger hoist, if the engine has to be pulled on that one.

Comment

Youall have fun, I won't be around until mid November. Might make a trip in October, probably not. Good luck.

Comment

Just got back from Arkansas razorback, and man I can't say I miss the humidity

Comment

jgirsh i noticed the same thing about mine not to long ago. im gonna have to get out to the lease and shank a few cause i have way to many hogs out there. in fact if anyone needs any pig meat let me no cause i need to kill ALOT of hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                jgirsh i noticed the same thing about mine not to long ago. im gonna have to get out to the lease and shank a few cause i have way to many hogs out there. in fact if anyone needs any pig meat let me no cause i need to kill ALOT of hogs.
                Put me in line for some meat please,my freezer is empty as well. My 1st hog ran away never to be found haven,t had a chance to try again.

Comment

Well guys wish me luck. I test with Arlington on Monday. I hope this is the one it would be cool to work were me dad did for 20+ years.

Comment

Best of luck for you LW! Test for what (sorry, I don't follow everyting).

Comment

Best to ya LW!

Comment

For you guys that hunt around aquilla. On my way home I saw a big cloud of smoke when I got to Aquilla creek on 22 it was some where along the creek between 22 and 1534

Comment

How's it going Tg? It has been a while looking forward to the season hope we get some rain!

Comment

Clint you know you ain't going to come out!!!!! LOL

Comment

Actually switch back i am all geared up been getting everything ready! Don't worry i am going to leave country boy an your spots alone so y'all can keep hunting Bambi lol. i am glad to see your doing good cant wait for the season to start!

Comment

Silent Hunter better be in the woods opening day. I need someone to help me drag that first big ole fat Slick Head I shoot with my new Z7 out of there. Can't wait Bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X