No announcement yet.

New Lens! (Tamron super zoom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice shots! congrats on the new glass.

Comment

Neat shot from today. Out the car window in the wind. Turned out nice though.
      Attached Files

Comment

From this morning
        Attached Files

Comment

Good info and looks like a great lens for the price

Comment

From yesterday afternoon
            Attached Files

Comment

In case anyone is looking at these photos and saying "those really aren't all that sharp" - keep in mind these are unaltered jpegs straight from the camera in a low resolution. A few have been through facebook and then reposted here too.

The RAW files are razor sharp.

Comment

He he he!

My buddy, Bill M, sent me a text yesterday. He found two of this lens in stock in Austin. He was going there to buy one of them for himself this morning and volunteered to pick up the second one for me! He just texted me this picture...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill_Morris.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	24335503

So excited!

It sure pays to have awesome friends! THANKS, BILL!

Comment

Cool! Good for you (and him). It's only taken 6 months, but stores are finally getting them in. The pre-orders were deep, I think.

It's taking me a little while to get used to mine, and that's coming from a very similar lens - the 200-500 Tamron predecessor to this one.

I'm finding out that at 600mm, there is virtually NO room for errors. Your technique and settings, have to be spot-on.

Comment

Not sure what made me decide to call Precision Camera in Austin yesterday after looking at this lens online but they had two so I had them hold one and then let David know of the other. They are both safely sitting in Bryan now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	150-600 lenses.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	24335525

BTW, I have a still under warranty Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens for sale bought in March. $1,200.00 More to be posted in the classifieds when I get some pics of it but here is a link to the lens at B&H. Regular $1,699.

Comment

Good choice. IMO - and I've shot them both - this new Tamron can do everything that 100-400 Canon can do, and more.

Comment

Looks nice wish i had one

Comment

So this thing is just silly sharp, even at 600mm.

This is a dove I shot from the seat of my car today
                          Attached Files

Comment

And a flagpole from about 100' away. You can read the brand of pulley and see the smallest seam stitches.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice shots John. I'm having the get use to holding this monster. Here's a couple I took a little while ago, not much crop at all and I was standing back from my normal spot.

Female straggler by Bill_in_Texas, on Flickr

Female straggler by Bill_in_Texas, on Flickr

Comment

Very cool Bill. You clearly have some skills in post that I need to learn!

Comment

Working...
                                X