Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

70D and EOS Remote App test photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a little about the video autofocus on the 70d as well...

I was weary about pulling the trigger on the 70d because I have always shot full frame cameras. I rented one for a wedding I had in Denver to try out the live view auto focus on my glidecam and it was very impressive, the face tracking worked flawlessly in good light situations. In low light it was slow but was still very useful. The touch screen was very nice and useful when trying to focus on something other than a face, a quick tap to the area you want in focus and it locked in quickly. I have yet to use it in a hunting situation but I feel if you had a 2.8 or lower lens it would be sufficent even in some low light hunting situation. Here is a link to some of the video I shot with it.

Richard and Erika Venue: Brittany Hill, Thronton Co. Photographer: Erica Mae Photography

Comment

Is there any sort of adapter to make a camera, say 7d, wifi capable. That is slick Bill. I want that capability

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Is there any sort of adapter to make a camera, say 7d, wifi capable. That is slick Bill. I want that capability

It depends on what you want it to do. For example, I bought a memory card for about $100 that creates a wifi connection in the field and sends all the photos to my iPad or iPhone. It would also work with a laptop. The company was called EyeFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          Brett there is this but I tried it with my 60D before buying the 70D and it was hit or miss. This is suppose to be the most reliable external solution I've heard of. One thing I learned is that while I can't send photos to the PC or laptop with the 70D, I can send them to a phone or tablet. Odd to me that PC/labtop weren't included. Maybe a fireware/Canon software update will remedy that in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X