70D and EOS Remote App test photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70D and EOS Remote App test photos

And it passed with flying colors in my opinion. I kind of jumped into this Canon stuff. The 60D is now relegated to the shorter lenses.

I received the 70D a day early on Thursday and did a little reading in the manual Thursday night. I hadn't shot a photo thru it until today. I downloaded the EOS Remote app to my android tablet and read how to connect the two. Still need to get use to that and learn more about it. I set the camera with the 100-400 mounted out next to the feeder and sat up on the patio about 40 ft away and shot these. Cropped a bit. The first two are at ISO 1600 and the third at 800. Those ISOs would look like a mosaic coming out the Oly equipment.

I am really going to like the wifi feature on this body. I didn't send the photos to my PC via wifi as I haven't read up on that yet.

The last photo of the guineas is from the 60D and the Sigma 50-150, 2.8.

my flickr page

Sharp! Nice ones Bill!

Comment

Crystal clear captures....very nice!

Comment

Thanks Scott and Mary. I don't which excites me more, the clarity shooting with wifi or the lack of grain in the high ISO settings.

Comment

The wifi deal is cool, but sharp pics at high ISO is the bomb for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            The wifi deal is cool, but sharp pics at high ISO is the bomb for sure.
            Shane I believe between the good ISO and IS I gain a stop or three with the 5.6 but I don't get real technical with this stuff.

Comment

I had bought a WiFi hot spot to use the 60D wirelessly using DSLR Controller app but returned the hot spot when I decided to pull the trigger on the 70D. I also asked for a refund on DSLR Controller but after watching a video on the app with the 70D will keep it. If they do the refund I'll just buy it again. Can't beat the app for $8 and it will do so much more that the EOS Remote app. You can do time lapse in the app. Wouldn't that be cool on an active feeder?

Comment

Ya, big fan of the DSLR Controller.. Especially since it will timelapse without an additional intervalometer

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I like 'em!

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Comment

I just got the 70D also and it was really cool to shoot my daughter at softball, she was able to hit and run to first then advance with a slide into 3rd and then go home and score. By the time she made it to the dugout I had uploaded, saved and messaged 9 shots to the grandparents in Florida. Remote shooting with the app while doing fireworks at Grapevine lake while having a beer in the other hand is a supreme bonus as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Swanyriver View Post
                          I just got the 70D also and it was really cool to shoot my daughter at softball, she was able to hit and run to first then advance with a slide into 3rd and then go home and score. By the time she made it to the dugout I had uploaded, saved and messaged 9 shots to the grandparents in Florida. Remote shooting with the app while doing fireworks at Grapevine lake while having a beer in the other hand is a supreme bonus as well!
                          I really need to play with my wifi settings more. I tend to get so involved in not missing anything that I don't try any other features. Great pixels!

Comment

Bill, have you tested how far you can be from the camera and have this work? Does it allow for focus adjustments? Pretty neat so far.

Comment

40 ft is as far as I've tried it. Yes it uses AF or gives the option to fine tune focus. The pics above were just using the AF.

Comment

Working...
                              X