Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 15 Photo Submissions Thread- Post Em Up Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Shane! Good work Atfulldraw.

Comment

Congrats Shane, nice shot.

Comment

Casey said you'd pick the phallic symbol...

LOL. Great Pic Shane!

Comment

Congrats Shane! I was impressed with this picture as well. It is a photo that I am trying to master at present. The last fading light and the ability to keep a large focal area and deep depth of field (small aperture) in such a late picture is a tough shot.

The only other thing that could have made this picture better would have been a sliver quarter moon in the frame.

Congrats again Shane. Now, tell us your set up and settings on this so I can practice the shot. AND WAKE UP AND GIVE US OUR NEXT TOPIC!

Comment

Congrats Shane. That is a great pic. Next topic please.....now that I have my camera!!!

Comment

Congrats Shane . i like how the one cloud looks like a candle flame

Comment

Originally posted by Death Whisper View Post
                Casey said you'd pick the phallic symbol...
                That's hilarious!

Congrats, Shane! Nice job, Rod!

Comment

I stayed up til 1:00 waiting for you to post the winner, and you post it at 1:09. The anticipation has been killing me! We should have a fine in place for anybody that posts the winner the day AFTER the deadline. If my awesome photo was penalized for being posted a day late, then the judge shouldn't skate for being equally late with a decision!

Congratulations, Shane! That is an awesome shot. The lighting, subject, composition, whispy clouds and sunset all make this a great photo. You obviously put time and thought into this to be at the right place at the right time. Very nice.

There were some extremely impressive photos for this topic. Kevin, Courtney, Steven, Koons and TxPapa all had shots that just blow me away (not to offend any others that are oustanding) and could have easily been a winner of any contest. We have some talented photographers here, for sure.

My personal favorite was Danny's. I'd expect to see a shot like that in a gallery, somewhere.

Again, congratulations to Shane, and kudos to everybody that submitted a photo. Thanks to Rod for taking the time to comment on every photo.

I'm looking forward to Shane's next theme!

Michael
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Way to go Shane!

Comment

Michael, my favorite was yours (even though late) I love the effect of how you captured a view of a "future" element of imagination of the driveway connecting to the garage opening.

And funny you mention "gallery" because Stacie sent off that photo to have it put on canvas in a oil paint print.

CAT HERDING COMMENT

Oh, on a side note, get some dirt on that slab to keep anymore undermining from occurring and also, make sure that your flat work dudes drill and epoxy 3/4" rebar and tie 1/2 mat into that slab before you pour that driveway. That soil is not stable enough to keep that drive from "sinking" against your existing slab.
                      Last edited by Wildman; 05-17-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Congrats Shane!

I enjoyed looking at ALL the photo's! There are some really creative folks with a great "eye" on TBH....

Comment

A deserving selection!! Way to go Shane and everyone else.

I suggest everyone continue to contribute regardless of how you think your image might fare. Participation is key (Middleton).

This is a great addition to the forum. What's the next theme?

Comment

Congrats to Shane!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a very good photo. Thanks also to Rod, an impressive review on every photo. I really appreciate to time and energy you spent on them. This was a great contest. Waiting for a subject on the next.

Comment

Congrats Shane!! Good job on picking Rod, there were alot of great pics to choose from.

Comment

Congrats Shane!

Couldn't agree more with your pic Rod. Shane's and Danny's were my top 2 also.

Comment

Working...
                                X