Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 15 Photo Submissions Thread- Post Em Up Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding photos! Kudos to all of you! Can't wait to see who the winner is. Gonna be tough for Rod, I'm sure.

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Where is your photo, Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Casey have you looked at his flickr page? He is honing his skills for when the topic is softball.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          Once again, I failed miserably on completing the assignment. As usual, I waited til the last day to start snapping, only to find that my camera made the trip to Dallas yesterday with my wife.

I guess I'll be under the gun to get the next one completed, too, since you'll have my camera next weekend!

Michael
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Boss, sounds like a new camera for the family is in order.

Comment

She has a point and shoot. She took my pickup, and it was still in there from the night before.

Here's a snapshot of my brother's in-progress house construction that I took last weekend. While it's architectural in nature, I'm not sure it meets the "interest" requirement! But, in the name of participation...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	23840755

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Too bad you missed the dead line with that one. I am sure that is a winner!

Comment

Great photos, everybody.
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Well, shucks. I missed the deadline. I had some good ones, too! LOL. Great pics everyone. I hope to get mine in for the next one. This is a great idea, by the way.

Comment

We have a winner!

Since you all took it upon yourself to make it so hard on me, I'm going to return the favor by commenting on each and every photo before I tell you my choice for this topic......

Comment

Very cool shot by Dustin - the youngster's got some talent! This shot was exactly what I had in mind when I chose the theme - finding the pieces and parts of a building that make it distinctive and bring out the craftsmanship involved in large structures.

Howard's shot hit on a couple of my 'cool' nerves - I really like old barns and the effects he used brought out the complexities of the framework without all the distraction that color can bring to a picture.

Bill's shot of the bricks again touches on exactly what I was thinking of -- the interesting details of a building's construction. The imperfections in masonry work that only come out upon close inspection, but that as a whole make up the final effect of what you initially see when you look at a structure.

Danny's pic I like alot because it evokes a feeling of age and as usual, Danny's eye for a cool perspective. Great colors and lighting with this shot.

Legdog's shot combines two of my favorite things - he may well be the TBH master of sunset shots, and this image (as usual) displays his talent for framing a shot and his uncanny knack for being in the right place at the right time.

HillJak's pic is another perfect example of framing a picture in a way that I like. Very nice shot!

TXpapa's picture made me stop and think about what this old building was -- it is obviously old, but it makes me think about what the structure was used for (schoolhouse, maybe??) and also what it will look like in 100 years from now.

Koons black and white shot is another shot that in my opinion, is very well done. Nice framing and interesting subject matter.

Shane -- awesome colors, cool perspective and great composition.

Don - as usual, kick-asp shot, you can clearly see that this guy is used to taking pictures that folks are willing to pay for! Nice subject, nice framing, great colors. It has it all.

Rob - I like this shot a lot! I'm a sucker for old school -- thick walls, stucco, neutral shades, curved molding - cool lighting and great composition!

Arlington BowHunter - with this shot, even though it's out for this month, I expect more great shots in the future.

Deer716 - great combination of all kinds of architectural elements - I spent a long time looking at this shot and kept finding new things to look at.

Bluesman - the side lighting on this shot IMO makes it what it is -- very cool image - I also like the rule of third's and try to remember that this is one of the things I personally like when I see a shot like this.

Kevin - yet another great shot from your London series - it really captures the awesome size of the Eye - cool sky and very nice framing of the shot

Cotton's shot makes me wonder who this artist is posing as just another redneck I like the halo effect and the great perspective - did you actually get on the ground or did one of those hounds snap the shutter for you? really nice perspective and framing.

Barb - I knew Barb was an artist, just didn't know she was also a great photog'er -- the hubby shoots a fence, she brings the whole city!! I like the angle of this shot - bridges are such cool subjects....

Prosser - great shot and color - most people try to avoid having power lines in their shot, but you actually made it work!

Gold - again, I really like bridges and I've never seen this one before. the colors are amazing and the structure is impressive. Yet another great shot!

TommyH - this image is one I kept coming back to -- makes me think about all the labor involved to build this structure and how it's now just sitting as nature tries to take back over. Nice colors in this one.

bowhuntertex -- great old stone structure - makes me think I need to spend some more time in the hills with my camera - there are treasures like this all over the place down there --

cfortner - another cool bridge shot - who told you guys I like bridges? I want to know more about the lens....it has a neat effect on the shot.

Casey - it's all blurry JK - I really like this image - can't really say why - maybe I just like bokeh, or maybe I just like using fancy photography terms

Court - love the colors and the subject here! Intriguing....(and great quote BTW) is this what that BULB setting is for on my camera? I'll have to try that out.....

Convert - cool shot - and great expansion of the theme - these nests have always grabbed my attention.

Michael's shot should have won, (just simply in the interest of self-preservation) unfortunately it was submitted too late.....

Comment

So, without further delay -- I basically started by just choosing shots that I would hang on my walls - there were many.......

My non-professional, yeah-I-just-got-lucky-last-month, choice for this theme is .........

Congrats, Shane!!

(sorry I couldn't figure out how to paste it, so I uploaded it to my photobucket account)

Thanks for all the great shots and the opportunity to to do this!

Comment

Congratulations Shane and great choice Rob.

You could have done it in TWO WORDS: Shane Wins.

What's the next topic? This is fun!

Comment

Two words??

Surely you jest.......

Comment

Casey said you'd pick the phallic symbol...

Comment

Working...
                                X