Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
    Judging by these responses I am afraid this will turn into a heated battle rather than a friendly competition. Anymore suggestions on how to keep it friendly?
    Simply eliminate the "judgement" part of the equation. I like the idea that a couple of people suggested about naming a theme, posting a maximum of two (Rob!) photos using that theme, and simply allowing everybody to admire the results from everybody. Keep the "rules" to a minimum. I do think that photos submitted should be those taken AFTER the theme has been announced, and not simply drawn from a person's personal archives.

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I like the cell phone cam idea too!

Comment

Exactly. Announce the theme, shoot for 30 days, cull it down to 2 entries on a deadline and share.

So what is the theme for May?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I do think that photos submitted should be those taken AFTER the theme has been announced, and not simply drawn from a person's personal archives.

Michael

Agreed 100%

Comment

I vote roadside flowers/landscape for the May theme. Seems logical since this is pretty much peak blooming season for many.

Comment

So what is the theme for May?
              Is it too late to do a test run with a theme for April?

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ok, ok. I will decide what theme we will go with. For April, let's go with hot chicks in bikinis. Now go snap some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Is it too late to do a test run with a theme for April?

Michael
                  Turkeys? It's what's in season. or bluebonnets? Whatever, I'm in.

See reason for edit
                  Last edited by Dr. D; 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM. Reason: Heath's idea has merrit.:D

Comment

I would but I am not sure if I am ready
                    Last edited by Rotag; 02-15-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

It might be too much to ask, but we could eliminate the "popularity contest" aspect if all the participants e-mailed their pics to TBH volunteers that could post all the pictures so the photographer would remain anonymous. Starting to sound like a logistical nightmare. Maybe we could just make it a "every coupla months" kinda deal.

Comment

Dang.......... I was gona suggest ...Jesus on a gas tank as the April topic but Atthewall is already ahead on that one

Comment

I say a single shot entry per theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I say a single shot entry per theme.
                            I concur... One theme per month, and submit your best shot!!!

Comment

1 shot is the way to go, cuts pics in half right from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                You're surprised?
                                Not so much suprised but disheartened by the lengths some would seem to go to win a friendly competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X