No announcement yet.

Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob, that's right. By the way, you look MUCH prettier now than you did a few minutes ago!

Comment

Can I call dibs on Courtney to be my photoshopper??

I bet she can even make my pics look cool.

BTW, I really dig this idea -- there are at least two or three dozen guys on here that can make it interesting -- let's make it happen.

Comment

How about just a photography section where we can post our pics, ask questions, share skills, talk equipment, and just talk photography? I think that's all this board is really missing since there seems to be a lot of people here who are photographers, or want to be a photographer, who like just taking pictures and those who just like viewing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
          .....I think the world of most everyone here.....

Ah shux Jason, that brought a tear to my eye! I love ya man!

Okay, for the "Best Picture of the Month" competition.
          I'm in!

Comment

I am in. Lets get her done.

Comment

I decided to prep for the contest so I dusted my camera off and got this shot....

Click image for larger version

Name:	windmill (457 x 733).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	23836500

Comment

Judging by these responses I am afraid this will turn into a heated battle rather than a friendly competition. Anymore suggestions on how to keep it friendly?

Comment

Comment

It most likely wont work without turning into a mess BUT it would be a great learning experience for us folks that don't know much about taking pictures. One of the reasons the TBH is so popular is the great pictures put up by Legdog and Atthewall..... I had never even thought of trying to video a hunt until my first try at the TBH video contest. Now I will pass up a shot if I can't get it on film.

Comment

Chew thats funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                        Judging by these responses I am afraid this will turn into a heated battle rather than a friendly competition.
                        You're surprised?

Comment

If you want TBH members to vote, why not have all the pictures submitted to one person up until a certain deadline. When the person gets the pictures, he/she can save the pictures on their computer w/ a number as the file name. Just write down which picture(s) belong to which person. Post all the pictures in one thread after they have all been submitted. It's a heck of a lot more work, but it makes it (for the most part) anonymous. People can vote on which picture (file name number) they would like. Then the winner (or a volunteer) each month can be the next person to receive and post pictures.

I also think the camera phone entries would be great
                          Last edited by AggieHunter; 04-16-2008, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I think we should have a high-fence and a low-fence division...

Someone name the topic for this month and lets get the ball rolling. Those who want to positively contribute will, and those that want to sit around and complain will do that.

I am by no means a good photographer, but I enjoy looking at people's work on here (Leggy, Sika, Rob, Wildman, etc.). I don't care about taking the best picture that month, but I would be more interested in learning from folks who really know what they are doing, and using their critiques to hone what little skills I have at this point.

Great idea, and I am looking forward to seeing where this thing will go. With the creative folks we have roaming around the green screen, this will be a really cool addition to the site.

What is the first topic / subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              how are you going to know if an image is tweaked?

How do you define it? Is cropping an image tweaking?

What if you remove some dust that was on your lens?

The image I posted is a kit lens with polarizing filter... that's about all... I may have sharpened it.. I really can't recall.
                              Your probably right Legdog......I guess if we just keep this friendly, what I would want out of it is for someone to explain to me what I could of done better......For example: how could I have used photo shop to lighten/darken the pic, make the color better, etc. or what filters could I have used to make this a better photo........

Alright Jason, time to give us a topic to pursue with pics........

I don't think anyone wants this to turn into a "who's better contest", so why don't we just pick a topic, each person that wants to contribute be allowed two pics, and have a finalized start & stop date and let people post their pics....I for one would like constructive criticism on my photos from folks like Legdog, DonCom, and ATW......The more I learn the better I can become.........

Comment

I'm game...

Comment

Working...
                                X