No announcement yet.

Lightning - Would Welcome Critiques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome shots, Trey. I think even wide shots need something in the foreground to "anchor" the shot. The windmill provides a nice balance. If anything, I might suggest lighting the windmill even more. Obviously with the longer exposure it was a still night, but I think a blurred (spinning) windmill blades would have added some affect.

As for wide angle, Casey and I both have the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. I probably use it more than Casey (probably because I've lost faith in my Tamron 17-55), but I like having the ultra-wide capability. I decided I don't want any lens slower than 2.8, but I think if you could get away with a "slower" lens, it would be with the ultrawide. I imagine the 12-24/4 is probably a little more economical than a 2.8 aperture.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

that's too cool! awesome thinking busting out the flashlight and giving the windmill a glowing effect

Comment

What Cattle said.

Heres what i would do.

On the the first pic of the lighting with the windmill, since you are set to bulb in anticipation of the lighting, get yourself a powerful spotlight and some colored gels for the light and "paint" the windmill over a few times.

It would make for an amazing photo to also have the windmill lit up as well.

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Working...
            X