Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coyote

Comment

One more vote for yote. That would be one long-legged fox.

Comment

That's a gray fox.

Comment

Coyote....look where the leg joint bends....its much lower on a fix. Its def a young coyote though. JMHO

Comment

jackaYOTEaFOXalope clearly

I lean fox but I agree about the length of the legs, but makes me think of that long legged deer seen on here a couple days ago so could be a freak.

Comment

I think yote....agree the leg length was the first thing I looked at

Comment

yote

Comment

Coyote.

Young but nearing maturity. He'll get grayer as the season progresses. Summer coat. Tail is a SURE sign if one is needed.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder about things like this???? I have spent my whole life in the woods and have trapped many foxes, red and grey, shot many coyotes and seen both species countless times in the wild. My belief is that this is 100%, without a doubt, garaunteed a grey fox. His ears are to pointy, he has too much variation in color, some red, some grey, some white, some brown and some black and the tip of his tale is too black, IMO. Also, he could be an older lean animal causing him to look taller and lankier than normal.

On the other hand, I know that several that have responded here have as much, or more, experience as I do in the outdoors. Are they just wrong or am I???? That is definately one of the two animals and now I want to know for certain, I will do some looking around and try to get an ID, There has got to be a university or something the pic can be sent to for a positive ID?

Comment

[QUOTE=Joebuck;1768000] My belief is that this is 100%, without a doubt, garaunteed a grey fox.QUOTE]

Looks like a yote to me - but - if Joebuck says it's a fox - I'm going with fox.

Comment

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Comment

Thought you might like dat .

Comment

that's a fox, bushy tail gives it away every time

Comment

Yote. I agree with Centexan legs are to long for a fox, and a fox does not have a gait like that.

Comment

Wow, about 50/50. I thought there would be a huge amount of on or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X