Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fox

Comment

I'm saying fox. The tail and head shapes are different than a yote, to me.

Comment

I can't tell. It does seem to have fox-like markings, but so do some coyotes. Hard to tell relative size, but my impression is that it might be too large to be a fox. Do you have any pictures of other critters from the same TC for size reference?

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I think it has the body of a coyote. For one thing, I its tail is too short relative to its body size to be a fox...

Comment

Yep... coyote is my final answer. Based on length of tail relative to body length.

Fox...

Coyote...

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
              The more I look at it, the more I think it has the body of a coyote. For one thing, I its tail is too short relative to its body size to be a fox...
              I wouldn't count on the apparent length of the tail as a reference point, because it could be (and appears to be) turned away from the view point of the camera. The foreshortening of the image angle could make it look shorter than it really is.

Look at the proportion of the size of the ears to the overall size of the head...looks more like a fox to me. I'm still leaning more toward fox.

Comment

judging by the head I believe it is a kangaroo running on all fours...or maybe a pygmy donkey?

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                  I wouldn't count on the apparent length of the tail as a reference point, because it could be (and appears to be) turned away from the view point of the camera. The foreshortening of the image angle could make it look shorter than it really is.

Look at the proportion of the size of the ears to the overall size of the head...looks more like a fox to me. I'm still leaning more toward fox.
                  You make some good points. I think you pushed me back to neutral. lol Heck, I just don't know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yote.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	23899658

Comment

Young Yote

Comment

Its a song dog. skinny no good yote

Comment

Big ears and long snout in relationship to the head. I'm going for a young or undernourished 'yote with a serious case of mange on that right side.

Comment

Coyote

Comment

LOL. I can't tell for sure either! The white throat and end of the tail SCREAMS Fox but EVERYTHING else says Yote.

I do have pics of deer from this same setup but they are at my ranch. Can add them this weekend.

It's crazy but it's almost impossible to be sure...

Comment

Im going w/ yote

Comment

That's a gray fox.

Comment

Working...
                                X