No announcement yet.

Go Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you did, I gotcha. Ill check them out, thanks. Pretty good video for an iphone!

Comment

Yeah it's it bad at all. I have really enjoyed videoing my hunts. It helps with finding my arrows and finding the blood trails.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Im diggin that Buc-ee's cap!

But really, nice deer man congrats! Nice video to. If thats what they're best for, might not be the camera for me... My hunting will be out of various blinds/stands, so having it bow mounted would be optimal. Especially when in my tripod.
        That GoPro footage is awesome Casey. Nice video!

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Please do. Im very curious to see how it looks. I really thought mounting it to my shotgun would be cool as well, but if its hard to see deer at 20 yards, doves will be impossible...
          Hey sorry i havent put up anything yet, had some videos done but i got a new mount and wanted to redo them...been a little busy this week but ill get at it soon and post em up

Comment

great videos guys i enjoyed them

Comment

just a quick review though...20 yards with a "narrow" setting was not to bad, 30 yards was not great and the video was a little grainy but you could see the animal (3D target for me)..there was a slight "jolt" at the time of the shot but not to bad because of where i mounted the camera (stabilizer)...in the "wide" setting, its pretty bad, you really cant see much of anything at 20 or 30 yards...worst part is seeing the bow move around while knocking the arrow and bringing the bow up and the draw to letting the bow down after the shot (can be edited out obviously)

ultimately, its a pretty cool toy and mouting the camera to the bow wouldnt do well as the sole means to video

it would probably be better used like the awesome video above, maybe some first person stuff or turning the camera on yourself and filming yourself through the shot sequence while having a tripod or something set up with a zoom capable device

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                That GoPro footage is awesome Casey. Nice video!

Thanks! An enormous amount of luck made that happen. I was just at the right place at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by skylar1926 View Post
                  just a quick review though...20 yards with a "narrow" setting was not to bad, 30 yards was not great and the video was a little grainy but you could see the animal (3D target for me)..there was a slight "jolt" at the time of the shot but not to bad because of where i mounted the camera (stabilizer)...in the "wide" setting, its pretty bad, you really cant see much of anything at 20 or 30 yards...worst part is seeing the bow move around while knocking the arrow and bringing the bow up and the draw to letting the bow down after the shot (can be edited out obviously)

ultimately, its a pretty cool toy and mouting the camera to the bow wouldnt do well as the sole means to video

it would probably be better used like the awesome video above, maybe some first person stuff or turning the camera on yourself and filming yourself through the shot sequence while having a tripod or something set up with a zoom capable device
                  That's kind of what is starting to turn me away from it. If they would just make it to where you could zoom even out to 5x or 6x, that would make the world of difference. Guess maybe that's not possible with a wide angle camera like that, really not sure. (i'm not camera literate at all...) Anyhow, thanks for all the replys y'all, I really appreciate all the input. Looks like I may steer clear of the GoPro for now though. Doesn't seem like it will fit my needs.

Comment

Love mine. Only issue is my SD card won't keep up with it and it stops recording itself.
                    Gotta go buy a higher dollar one

Comment

A GoPro cam is what it is...an action camera for Point of View (POV) action shots.

For filming hunts they are best used for a remote camera, blind camera or for filming yourself walking and talking.

A phone app is available for the GoPro. I can preview, record and adjust setting from my phone.

Don't hesitate to get a GoPro Camera as a secondary/ stationary camera and use a good quality HD video camera as primary camera.

Comment

Working...
                      X