Lost pig video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
    It looks to me if you hit 2 inches higher or 2 inches tighter to the shoulder you watch her drop within 50 yds. Hogs have that magic no mans land right behind the shoulder that looks like a good shot but is all guts. Those lungs do come back a little behind the shoulder if you hit high behind the shoulder but in lateral line of the body where you hit and that far back (which isint that far) there is nothing there but guts. I wouldnt call her dead untill you see her babies come back without her.

I can say this because Ive seen me make that shot and unfortunatly more than once Ive done it, it never ends with a recovery.

But you are right next weekend there will be plenty more.
    I agree. She's dead by now but the shot was in the guts.

Comment

I hope she is dead by now. He shot her a year and a half ago.

Comment

Definitely lethal shot. Them pigs are tough! Don't forget to keep the camera rolling! Congrats!

Comment

Little to far back

Comment

Shot this one couple of years ago--way too far back, and he left a "Stevie Wonder" blood trail of about 75-80 yds. You can see the exit wound--and the head is to the left. I think the arrow either cut the dorsal aorta (large blood vessel just below spine) or the renal artery (going to the kidney).

Comment

**** man losing a bow kills happens to all archers every once in a while and sometimes a bad shot doesnt always kill the animal and you will get a chance at it next year

Comment

Shoot'em in the armpit. Ya can't shoot too low on a hog quartering away. too low is a miss.
                Ya may have clipped the back edge of the right lung but looked like a gut shot to me.

Comment

Working...
                X