Lost pig video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost pig video

Here is the video of a pig I lost this weekend. It is not the best shot ever, but I don't see how she survived it unless she was not quartering away as much as I thought. Critique away!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1m2WdyMIA"]YouTube - B&W sow ADS[/ame]

Pigs are the toughest creature in Texas bar none. Looks like a good shot. Had the same type thing happen to me last summer. I went back two weeks later and the pig was still coming to the feed each day, arrow didnt pass all the way through still hanging out of him behind the shoulder.

Comment

kinda far back might have tip'd right lung.

wait..... i think i saw her today at my lease with 47 newborn pigglets.

Comment

Unless you have it on the game cam again, I will say there is no way she survived. Those hogs can cover serious ground in a matter of seconds if not DRT.

Great video though!

Comment

Thanks to all for checking out the video. The shot wasn't exactly perfect, but I would have bet the farm she was dead! We put two different dogs on her trail, both of them followed it straight to a big slough. It wouldn't surprise me if she died in there.

I don't like loosing an animal, but something tells me there will be more out there next weekend!

Comment

Looked like a lethal shot to me. It could of been a little tighter to the crease. But it looked like you caught the opposite shoulder. Don't feel too bad, we've all lost animals. All you can do is get out there and fling another one. Remember to press record...

Comment

looks like another dead pig to me! cool video!

Comment

..thought the shot was good...buzzard meat for sure

Comment

It looks to me if you hit 2 inches higher or 2 inches tighter to the shoulder you watch her drop within 50 yds. Hogs have that magic no mans land right behind the shoulder that looks like a good shot but is all guts. Those lungs do come back a little behind the shoulder if you hit high behind the shoulder but in lateral line of the body where you hit and that far back (which isint that far) there is nothing there but guts. I wouldnt call her dead untill you see her babies come back without her.

I can say this because Ive seen me make that shot and unfortunatly more than once Ive done it, it never ends with a recovery.

But you are right next weekend there will be plenty more.

Comment

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
                    It looks to me if you hit 2 inches higher or 2 inches tighter to the shoulder you watch her drop within 50 yds. Hogs have that magic no mans land right behind the shoulder that looks like a good shot but is all guts. Those lungs do come back a little behind the shoulder if you hit high behind the shoulder but in lateral line of the body where you hit and that far back (which isint that far) there is nothing there but guts. I wouldnt call her dead untill you see her babies come back without her.

I can say this because Ive seen me make that shot and unfortunatly more than once Ive done it, it never ends with a recovery.

But you are right next weekend there will be plenty more.
                    These pigs always amaze me! I have made a lot worse shots than that and had them go less than 50 yards. I do agree with you! As far as the little pigs, we did jump those on her trail right before the dogs went to the slough. When I found them laid up there, I just knew she wouldn't be far, and I was wrong! But....that's why I like video, you learn from your mistakes.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Bet she is dead, shot was a little farhter back than ideal but she should be dead.

I shot 2 back around the start of bow season and never found either one. They are tough

Comment

Looks like a good shot

Comment

A little too far back. You probably caught the right lung and she probably died a few hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine1 View Post
                            looks like another dead pig to me! cool video!
                            Amen

Comment

Looks like she took a small step forward at the shot...causing you to miss the left lung and most likely hitting the right lung. As you know they can go a long way and live a long time with one lung. Heck, people have cleaned hogs and found broad heads where one lung used to be!

Comment

Working...
                              X