No announcement yet.

5:2 and the three 150's together at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on all the great kills Doc,By the way the grasshoppers by the fireplace are cool

Comment

I named that axis five:deuce. He had a pattern on his shoulder that looked like a five:deuce domino.

If I had hunted them out of DB's, I would have had to do European mounts cause my taxi money would have been wrapped up in ground blinds. LOL

Comment

Very nice...that Bowtech sure was busy this year.

Comment

That's one heck of a collection of fine animals!

Comment

That's the kind of greed Obama is trying to stop.

Comment

The 3 whitetails were with my 82nd. One with a 3 blade Rage, the other two with a 2 Blade Rage shooting 350ish grain arrow at 55 lbs.

The two axis were with my Allegiance. One with a 2 Blade and one with a 3 blade Rage and 370 grain arrows.

Farthest shot was about 18 yards. Shot both axis out of Eastman Pro360 ground blinds. Shot Lucky 2 out of a tower blind. Shot FYB out of a carpet blind. Shot Wednesday out of a Pro360.

Both axis were shot over chum corn. Lucky 2 was shot over chum corn at my tower blind. FYB was shot at a feeder. Wednesday was shot over chum corn off a sendero.

Axis were killed out of Leaky. Wednesday was a south Texas buck. Both the other bucks were killed out of San Angelo.

Both SA bucks were 5 1/2. Wednesday was 6 1/2.

Wednesday took over 70 sits to kill. FYB took 8. Lucky 2 took 2 in my tower. The axis, well they took longer than they probably should have.

I didn't worry about the wind or stand burnout. I knew where they were and went after them.

Luckily, being semiretired, I have more time than the average guy. LOL

Comment

Looking Good, Doc.

Great Year.

Congrats

Comment

Outstanding collection, Doc ... a testament to your dedication.

Comment

One day I will...one day I will...one day I will have a trophy wall with the good lord willing. Very nice collection!

Comment

Nice collection, indeed ! !

Comment

Good stuff. Tuth, I think I have told you already, I have 2 axis capes! sitting at the taxi waiting to go on something. Let me know if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          I've paid for them as an adjuster -- I pay for what a similar mount would cost in the open market -- that means Ebay or anywhere else that buyers and sellers operate, buying and selling in arms length transactions.

A taxidermist can't crap a mount. The hide and the horns have to come from somewhere. Normally those are supplied by the hunter. In the open market, a price is attached to those items based on what they will bring in the type of transaction I described above.

Just be aware that if you are only insuring for the amount of the taxidermy work that, in my opinion, if you have a total loss up to policy limits, you will be short when it comes time to pay for replacement mounts.
                          I suppose your company had some different claim procedures in this situation that ours does. I am sure there are differences between a lot of different companies claims handling process.

Comment

nice collection there tuthdoc

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Larry B View Post
                                That's the kind of greed Obama is trying to stop.
                                what the heck does that mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X