• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice

Comment

Awesome year John!

Comment

Very Nice Doc.... You have a heck of a collection... All great animals!!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
          No sir, not that I know of. The actual cost of replacing the animal would be the taxidermy cost only. The cost that you are reffering to would be replacing the hunt, experience, trip cost. It cost you $6500 to go on the hunt, it cost $500 to have the animal mounted. The only thing lost was the mount, not the hunt/experience involved in killing the animal. (no one will ever be able to take that from you)
          Not calling you out, but if you have a replacement cost policy on contents, the replacement cost would probably be closer to what it would cost for you to buy a new mount, not just the taxidermy mounting costs.

Ebay would probably be a good place to look to find the replacement cost -- what would it cost for you to buy one of my mounts?? I promise the cost would be higher than whatever I paid for the taxidermy.

And Tuthdoc --- WOW !!!!

Comment

wow very nice collection you got!

Comment

Your sir are a Bone Collector. Very nice.

Comment

Nice collection of quality animals Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  Not calling you out, but if you have a replacement cost policy on contents, the replacement cost would probably be closer to what it would cost for you to buy a new mount, not just the taxidermy mounting costs.

Ebay would probably be a good place to look to find the replacement cost -- what would it cost for you to buy one of my mounts?? I promise the cost would be higher than whatever I paid for the taxidermy.

And Tuthdoc --- WOW !!!!
                  A replacement policy pays to replace your mounts with the same like, kind, and quality. It does not pay to replace your mounts with John Doe from Michigans mounts off of ebay. The company is not going to pay you more than it cost to replace or fix your mounts. The taxidermy cost is the cost incured to create the mount. It would be advised to keep some pictures of your mounts in case there is a loss bad enough where they can't be identified.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    A replacement policy pays to replace your mounts with the same like, kind, and quality. It does not pay to replace your mounts with John Doe from Michigans mounts off of ebay. The company is not going to pay you more than it cost to replace or fix your mounts. The taxidermy cost is the cost incured to create the mount. It would be advised to keep some pictures of your mounts in case there is a loss bad enough where they can't be identified.
                    I've paid for them as an adjuster -- I pay for what a similar mount would cost in the open market -- that means Ebay or anywhere else that buyers and sellers operate, buying and selling in arms length transactions.

A taxidermist can't crap a mount. The hide and the horns have to come from somewhere. Normally those are supplied by the hunter. In the open market, a price is attached to those items based on what they will bring in the type of transaction I described above.

Just be aware that if you are only insuring for the amount of the taxidermy work that, in my opinion, if you have a total loss up to policy limits, you will be short when it comes time to pay for replacement mounts.

Comment

What a season TD. Congrats on all of your trophies!

Comment

very very nice doc. Just think they would all had atleast 5" added to them if they would of been taken from a DB
                        Last edited by Breezy; 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

What does 5:2 mean?

Comment

I think you gonna need a bigger house!

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Threat View Post
                              very very nice doc. Just think they would all had atleast 5" added to them if they would of been taken from a DB
                              Or if he would have shot them when they were in their prime instead of old as dirt and on the down side!

Comment

nice bone collection Doc

Comment

Working...
                                X