X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Doc. Fabulous read.

Comment

Congrats tuthdoc on the Axis!!!

Glad to see ya put the smack down on that big joker. The 2 blade rage was too much for him. Good shootin'.

Comment

Very nice, Doc. Very nice. Those are two great bucks.

And that 2-blade Rage hole is VERY typical. Every deer I shot last season had a hole just like that. Every one of them.

Comment

Congrats on another great axis!

Comment

Congrats Doc! Glad you put the smack down on him! Just one would be something to be proud of, I can't imagine what "harvesting" LOL! two of those giants feels like....

Comment

Oh, I wasn't finished. I had a lot of stuff to pack and blinds to take down. My tree stand lasted one hunt. I got up early and was back in the skid mark blind. I saw more axis, but my goal was to end up with 7 pigs. The two that I killed that morning have me 6 sows and a boar. They are a nuisance on this ranch and I just wanted to do my part. There was a nasty ol' black with gray inner hair that bothered me and the deer every morning and every evening. That last morning was her last. I Used a rage to take one, first cuts to take 4, a sidewinder to take one, and my beloved Hammerhead to take the boar.

I think I got all my pig shots on video, along with my two bucks.

That last morning, curley cue came to say good bye. I figure he'll be on the list next year, if we have it. He won't be the only one. The list may be LONG, and that's not counting the areas that Sean and Mitch hunted. I saw axis, but they saw a BUNCH of axis.

Comment

Great stuff! Congratulations on the double.

Comment

Well I hope he makes it to next Summer. I will not be hunting anything but that deer. I think he needed one more year anyway! Congrats on the deer. Love the story. You are indeed the man!

Comment

You have learned to drag out these TBH recaps just like you do your face to face stories! Just wondering if that is a side effect of Diet Pepsi? Can't wait to hear the recaps at Bownanza!

Congrats on two great trophies and the successful KAP program.

Comment

Yeah, I just about used up all my attachment management thingabobs. I only have a tiny bit of green left. By the time I posted all my dead hog pics with all the blood, I'd be out of room. You guys are lucky.

Comment

Mitch, looking at the pics, I think that extra cottle is LONGER than 10 inches. I bet it's longer than 12. That is a fine axis. Hope you get him next year, cause if you're chasin' that means we'll be chasin'. LOL

Bobby and I both appreciate you having faith in us to trust us on this place with you. It's been a dream hunt. Hopefully, I have just begun to start on the "axis wing" that Mailman and I are going to start in my den.

Comment

Another big thank you for sharing all of your hunt. Really great story and pics. Congrats on the trophies. They are definitely that, and great memories too, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                            You guys are lucky.
                            Yes we are....thanks for taking us on the trip!

Comment

Everyone else has already said it, but thanks for sharing such a great hunt.

Comment

Congrats on two fine axis!
                                Thank you for the journey!

Comment

Working...
                                X