Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
    Maybe this is not the correct place -- but Johnny, and thoughts on Invest 93L?
    Most of the spaghetti charts show it hitting the eastern seaboard. Please don't come here.......

Comment

I'm not Johnny bonesplitter or ccbluewater, but it's really waaaaay to far out in the Atlantic to think about yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Dang Tim, that's a bad deal! That's what is worrying me about the little bridge over the creek north of us on the county road... That water is hitting it HARD! sweeping over the guardrails and around both ends... I could see it washing out at both ends...
        Here is video sent me from the San Jac river in Humble. Taken today. A concrete barrier gets washed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I'm not Johnny bonesplitter or ccbluewater, but it's really waaaaay to far out in the Atlantic to think about yet.
          93L is way out there just a couple hundred miles away from Cape Verde islands. 10-14 days away from here, and more than likely, will not be a threat to here. It is actually really hard for those long track systems to make this far West in the Basin.. I know we can all name several examples of storms that have (Harvey, Ike, Rita, etc..) but normally those storms don't make it here. Im sure others, as will I will be keeping an eye on it, but nothing to worry about at this moment.

Possibly could see a slug of moisture come up from the Bay of Campeche next week. Some of the global models have picked up on it, and GFS shows another batch of heavy rain next week with that. Doesn't look like it develops much, but could be a rain maker in which we do not need. Not trying to sound any alarms by any means but it is something to watch.

Harvey is slowly making his departure from Houston & SETX areas, but that is of little help at the moment to the folks East of Houston getting just pummeled today. I hope you TBH'ers are staying safe. I know that this is just the beginning for many in a long road to recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Here is video sent me from the San Jac river in Humble. Taken today. A concrete barrier gets washed away.

https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/sta...87452040282114

I drive across that bridge regularly!

Comment

Just evacuated by boat in Hardin county, Keith road area. Water was rising rapidly and I left everything there. Roads closed and flooding over the entire area.

Comment

Out here staged with a boat at spring Baptist church..
                Lords folks here but only being sent on 911 calls right now.
                Discouraging wildcatting.

Comment

I have challenged two local school districts, local churches, and our communities to fill my cattle trailer with donations and would like to deliver either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. If anyone knows of a shelter to take this to please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    Just evacuated by boat in Hardin county, Keith road area. Water was rising rapidly and I left everything there. Roads closed and flooding over the entire area.
                    Praying for you guys man.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Would you mind updating periodically if you can on this?? I'm from groves with family in Winnie.
                      Barely missed water in the house about 30 minutes ago here on royal ave, next to port Neches high school. We need a break so this water can drain. This home has never flooded.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Barely missed water in the house about 30 minutes ago here on royal ave, next to port Neches high school. We need a break so this water can drain. This home has never flooded.
                        Man, praying the best for y'all. Radar still has it coming down heavy there. Is that Accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Just talked to another member that has flooded. I didnt get specific permission to post his name and he is busy so I didnt want to pester, but yall send a prayer up please. He and his wife are ok and dry but the house has waist deep water in it.
                          Prayers on the way up.
                          Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          X2. I heard something about it coming back to Houston instead of LA........any truth to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          No sir. He is slowly heading off to the northeast.
                          I was wanting the dust to settle a bit before mentioning 93L and possible tropical mischief coming out of the southern gulf next week. Will touch on that later this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like Harvey is just slowly skimming the coast line?

Hope he speeds up because you guys (especially beaumount now) need a break

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              Would you mind updating periodically if you can on this?? I'm from groves with family in Winnie.
                              The water is on the west bound lanes. Picture taken from East bound side looking north. May give you a little idea of what Winnie is dealing with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is an UNBELIEVABLE picture!!

Comment

Working...
                                X