No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spent last hour or so getting ice from local shell..on 2854, which was packed with people at 6:30am filling gas cans...(don't see it having gas much longer) .. and only a few bags of ice left..
    I got 10 bags... and gave 3 to a lady filling small gas cans with 4 kids in her car.

cleaned out all my gutters, tied down the trampoline, brought patio chairs from fire pit into the garage, checked the batting cage...it should be ok.
    freezer is packed full of ice to help in case of power outage.
    took one last look at my trees to see any that could be issues...

hoping the power holds out..if not plan is to head north to parents place in CS.
    my generators suck down too much fuel to try and run minimal lights, the refridgerators and freezers and portable AC unit for this house.. and its an easier trip to CS.
    Truck is fueled..

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I hate to derail anything, but I have a house in Galveston rented that is beach front for Labor Day weekend ...

Should I make other plans ?
      nope.. but your pole holders should probably be cemented down on the beach...

Comment

Prayers up and stay safe everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          nope.. but your pole holders should probably be cemented down on the beach...
          1st world problems

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            1st world problems
            3rd world people don't fish?
            that's racist.
            I'm offended.
            Taking down your statue.

Comment

that's racist.

I'm offended.

Taking down your statue.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just spent last hour or so getting ice from local shell..on 2854, which was packed with people at 6:30am filling gas cans...(don't see it having gas much longer) .. and only a few bags of ice left..
                I got 10 bags... and gave 3 to a lady filling small gas cans with 4 kids in her car.

cleaned out all my gutters, tied down the trampoline, brought patio chairs from fire pit into the garage, checked the batting cage...it should be ok.
                freezer is packed full of ice to help in case of power outage.
                took one last look at my trees to see any that could be issues...

hoping the power holds out..if not plan is to head north to parents place in CS.
                my generators suck down too much fuel to try and run minimal lights, the refridgerators and freezers and portable AC unit for this house.. and its an easier trip to CS.
                Truck is fueled..
                Got the wife finishing up gathering lose stuff up this morning. I'll head home at lunch and get the bigger items done. Not too worried about the wind, it's the rain. Hoping the forecasters are wrong. We've been high and dry since 1979. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
                  Thanks for sharing this...

Our family has a house in Lamar on Aransas Bay and some very close family friends have a house just down the road on St. Charles Bay. We came to the realization last night that both houses will probably be demolished.

Hard to think about all of the families that we have gotten to know over the years losing everything.

Left the house in Lamar last night, still hoping for the best but not feeling very confident...

Comment

that's racist.
                    I'm offended.
                    Taking down your statue.
                    It was directed to your quote...not you

Chem plant has several ice locations......filling up my 150qt before I leave.

Comment

I-10 East and West at BW 8 is looking very empty currently. If I was looking to skip town, now would be the time to leave.

Comment

Buddy in Lometa called offering shelter. Going to ride it out. Rain just started here by Hobby....

Comment

Last edited by Jaybo31; 08-25-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Rain and wind just starting in West Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              It was directed to your quote...not you

Chem plant has several ice locations......filling up my 150qt before I leave.
                              What plant you at?

Comment

Starting rain good here in Deer park at work

Comment

Working...
                                X