Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
    at least he is dragging, mine isn't doing nothing and doesn't plan on it. Atlas he got him some gas and water.

On a different note some of my immediate has went to school with your immediate family. we should talk one day.
    He won't need water and gas if it hits Bolivar!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I wonder what this means for the people buying my house(closing tomorrow)? I planned to call my agent as soon as I get done tomorrow and tell her to cancel it. We aren't a coastal county but Hardin county so just the next one up and less than 50 miles from the Sabine Jetties.
      Your insurance agent has very likely already bound the policy coverage for tomorrow, so there's no way they can renege on that now. Doesn't mean you'll actually be able to close though.
      Last edited by Etxbuckman; 08-24-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
        He won't need water and gas if it hits boliver.

Trust me I know.

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
          I'm in the same boat. My Dad lives on the west end of Galveston in a old house and is dragging his feet.
          your dad has been through a lot storms on the west end!

Comment

I took a moment to say a prayer for all those who will become effected. I encourage you all to do the same and I'm sure plenty of you already have.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              A quick tip, put a glass of ice cubes in your freezer. THat way you will know if your freezer looses power, how warm it got in there. if you have cubes your still good, if you have a frozen glass of water, time to empty it. I always leave a solo cup full of ice in mine at the ranch just to know.

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
              This was the best thing I read on this whole thread.

Or lay a coin on an ice tray. If coin is on top when you return your good, on bottom then clean out.

Comment

Be safe out there!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  I took a moment to say a prayer for all those who will become effected. I encourage you all to do the same and I'm sure plenty of you already have.
                  Good idea and we need to send prayers throughout the weekend. Please put these folks on prayer lists too. Thanks.

Comment

For everyone that lives in or very close to Victoria county, are you staying or leaving?

I'm trying to make up my mind, Got the house all boarded up but my biggest concern is a big oak tree falling on the house and loosing power for days as I'm outside of the city and we loose power quite often during big storms.

Comment

Just realized that 25 years ago Hurricane Andrew (Cat 5) hit S. Florida with 175 mph winds demolished Homestead Fl. killing 65. I lost everything & I lived 25 miles from Homestead.

Mother nature doesn't play

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                        For everyone that lives in or very close to Victoria county, are you staying or leaving?

I'm trying to make up my mind, Got the house all boarded up but my biggest concern is a big oak tree falling on the house and loosing power for days as I'm outside of the city and we loose power quite often during big storms.
                        If I lived in that zip code I'd be gone. Even if I just drove north or west and slept in my car at a state park a couple of nights, no way I'd stay for this. If you come home and the house looks just like you left it, what have you lost?

Comment

I'll be here but family is leaving. Anybody in Victoria need anything don't hesitate to call, I will be out n about good bit.
                          Greg Shelby
                          361-212-0517

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What would be your reason for staying?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              I'll be here but family is leaving. Anybody in Victoria need anything don't hesitate to call, I will be out n about good bit.
                              Greg Shelby
                              361-212-0517

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a guy right there, stay safe the big guy will look out for you.

Comment

I'm hearing there have been fights in the Cleveland Walmart over the last few bottles of water. There's a line to the back of the store of people waiting on the next delivery truck to arrive

Comment

Working...
                                X