No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ike was a 3 in the gulf and made landfall as a 2.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      Wasn't Ike a 4 with 145mph winds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No it was a large cat 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        May, or may not be posted, calling him a Cat 4 now- Update: at 6:00 pm CDT, Harvey was upgraded to Category 4 status, with top sustained winds of 130 mph. Harvey will also be the strongest hurricane to make landfall in Texas since Rita, also in 2005. Per Wunderground.
        Harvey is the first Cat4 since Carla in 1961.

Comment

Sounds like we are going to have a repeat of the abrazos flooding from last year, only with two days notice instead of two weeks. Things are going to be crazy tomorrow.

Comment

I received an email from an official that says the Brazos river is expected to crest at near 55 ft next Thursday in Richmond breaking last year's record of 54.5 ft. If that is the case, all of those folks in Simonton that flooded last May are going to get it again.

Comment

Getting some good, strong bands coming over us right now. Power is flickering but hasn't gone out yet.

Comment

Comment

Watching TWC and seeing how fast the storm surge is rising at port lavaca is scary and it still has a long way to go. My mom picked up the lady that lives across the street from their place in Sea drift this morning in Halletsville and her son who drove her up turned around and went back to ride it out. Makes no sense, that little town is about to be hit real hard, just about in the worst possible spot for this one.

Comment

Live Hurricane Harvey damaging winds gusting -110 MPh. — Rockport, TX, United States

This chaser is very close to where the eye will come over. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      I received an email from an official that says the Brazos river is expected to crest at near 55 ft next Thursday in Richmond breaking last year's record of 54.5 ft. If that is the case, all of those folks in Simonton that flooded last May are going to get it again.
                      Man that's horrible...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I live way up in Goldthwaite, Mills county. Is the Weather Channel over dramatizing this event? They are having a big time reporting. Just curious.

Comment

Live storm chaser link.
                          Live Hurricane Harvey damaging winds gusting -110 MPh. — Rockport, TX, United States

Comment

It's cat 4 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                              This guy just got out of the car... IDIOT!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                I live way up in Goldthwaite, Mills county. Is the Weather Channel over dramatizing this event? They are having a big time reporting. Just curious.
                                It is going to be bad with the amount of water dropped. It is also a Cat 4 and a Cat 4 hasnt hit Texas since 1961. They will hype it up just like ESPN does with big events. I dont think people took this storm serious until late.

Comment

Working...
                                X