Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RACK View Post
    Well our offshore boat is mored at Port A marina in the harbor on 12 ft floating docks. We've done all we can do . She cannot be trailered because of the flying bridge. Insurance man just said they all received a moritorium yesterday for the entire Texas coast line. It ain't good for any of us .
    I wonder what this means for the people buying my house(closing tomorrow)? I planned to call my agent as soon as I get done tomorrow and tell her to cancel it. We aren't a coastal county but Hardin county so just the next one up and less than 50 miles from the Sabine Jetties.

Comment

Just saw an update on the weather channel, looks like it's moving a little more towards Houston now. They also mentioned some select areas could receive 35"+ of rain.

Comment

Should be seeing the eye clear out pretty soon by the looks of it. Satellite imagery you can see some intense thunderstorms "hot towers" firing off around the eye wall. I think once eye clears out it will start dropping pressure pretty fast again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
          I am as prepared as we can be in Sheridan. Good thing for me is if SHTF, we have a full concession stand with plenty of provisions and drinks. Now my wife, she is not happy.

Will you ride over on Sunday and stand my tower blind back up on our lease in Sheridan, that would be great! Just got the darn thing stood back up and fixed last Saturday but didn't have time to anchor it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son is at Texas State in San Marcos and he keeps telling me to chill out, he will be fine....I'm getting a little ****** off....ugh!! So far he said no warnings from school yet, so maybe he's right? Am I being paranoid? Hes living in the dorms on campus.

Comment

I'm on the hurricane crew at my plant on chocolate Bayou in Brazoria county, I just got off the phone with the shift supervisor on right now and they aren't shutting the plant down. Just treating it as a major rainstorm. I gave them my opinion, they didn't like it. I live in Santa Fe and thinking real hard about getting out of here in the morning. My only real options though are the deer lease in Columbus or in laws farm in navasota. I don't know if either of those would be much better. I'm not worried about flood, I'm worried about 4 or 5 days of no power with 3 young boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Hell no. With that said I will be keeping my eye on it and in 5 min can have a bag packed and all the paper work I need loaded and in the car. Personally I don't see how the NWS missed this soooooo **** bad. What told the "experts" this was going to stay a TD? There was nothing I saw unless it ran across the gulf in record time. Wherever it hits is going to be devastated, but from what I'm seeing Harvey is really tightening up and there are going to be areas receiving enourmous amounts of rain but not nearly as wide spread as predicted. I could very well be wrong, hell, won't even be the first time I'm wrong today. Right now I'm just hoping my parents bay house survives in Seadrift and my camp house in Colorado County looks similar to the way it does now on Sunday. But hey, you live to play another day, you live to play another day.
                Easy to second guess now, but as of late yesterday the storm was fighting shear AND dry air aloft, 2 big inhibitors of intensification. I think they expected them to persist longer than they did and the extra time has let Harvey become Harvey Hurricane.

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                How concerned do folks in the San Antonio area need to be?
                There were some models showing 100+ mph winds as far inland as San Antonio. Really depends on where Harvey goes after landfall and how far inshore he goes

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  I wonder what this means for the people buying my house(closing tomorrow)? I planned to call my agent as soon as I get done tomorrow and tell her to cancel it. We aren't a coastal county but Hardin county so just the next one up and less than 50 miles from the Sabine Jetties.
                  Doubt you'll be closing tomorrow unless you're paying cash. Insurance won't write new policy with storm in the gulf and lender won't fund with out insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                    How concerned do folks in the San Antonio area need to be?
                    I am 4 blocks South of you. I am working the Hurricane effort here so I am not leaving. I am not overly concerned about the impact this far inland. I hope I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                      No, it's not voluntary. My post up above was direct from Jackson County Office of Emergency Management.
                      I saw that.

Funny, the eye of Carla went right over Edna and everyone stayed home for the most part. My grandparents had a limb down in their front yard and lost power for a few hours.

My folks took us to my great aunt's house in Austin and it was worse there with tornadoes. House across the street from my great aunt's house wasn't there the next day.

Anyway we'll ride it out in El Campo and hope everyone affected by this storm fares well.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Easy to second guess now, but as of late yesterday the storm was fighting shear AND dry air aloft, 2 big inhibitors of intensification. I think they expected them to persist longer than they did and the extra time has let Harvey become Harvey Hurricane.
                        Not second guessing now. I posted yesterday about people not being concerned about this being a wind event.

Comment

A quick tip, put a glass of ice cubes in your freezer. THat way you will know if your freezer looses power, how warm it got in there. if you have cubes your still good, if you have a frozen glass of water, time to empty it. I always leave a solo cup full of ice in mine at the ranch just to know.
                          Last edited by BrianL; 08-24-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            I saw that.

Funny, the eye of Carla went right over Edna and everyone stayed home for the most part. My grandparents had a limb down in their front yard and lost power for a few hours.

My folks took us to my great aunt's house in Austin and it was worse there with tornadoes. House across the street from my great aunt's house wasn't there the next day.

Anyway we'll ride it out in El Campo and hope everyone affected by this storm fares well.
                            Why would you ride this thing out in El Campo? I'd be leaving now.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                              Should be seeing the eye clear out pretty soon by the looks of it. Satellite imagery you can see some intense thunderstorms "hot towers" firing off around the eye wall. I think once eye clears out it will start dropping pressure pretty fast again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like this report...

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                I am 4 blocks South of you. I am working the Hurricane effort here so I am not leaving. I am not overly concerned about the impact this far inland. I hope I am right.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X