No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone point me to the post with the persons land starting to flood and his boat console is going through the roof of his barn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was talking to buddy in Sugarland about the Brazos River and we ended up trying to figure out if he would flood based on his houses elevation. I would think volume might be the factor we can't account for here. Once the river is out of its banks there is a lot more volume to fill to maintain that water level. Thanks for the input

Comment

Spent the last 8 hrs moving stuff up in the attic at my house and my moms. Water slower creeping up. 6" and it will be in her house, about a foot and it we be in mine. We are ready to move down the road about a 1/4 mile to higher ground. I'm wore the hail out!

Comment

Uggghhhh-Radar starting to fill in again between the two bands. Also back building west.

Comment

It's western over here in montgomery.....
            Again.

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a long night again. Channel 13 guy was wrong from what I see. Im not seeing dry air getting sucked up into this thing. This dude looks like it's finding plenty of moisture and flaring up for another rough night around here to me. It also looks like some of these lakes and reservoirs are gonna have to dump some serious water soon and amplify issues downstream. I think they're underestimating some of the potential river levels

Comment

Sigh..

Comment

Man, my heart hurts for you guys. Wish I could do something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    In Katy at 99 and 529

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Do you know if 99 is open all the way between 10 and 290? Both directions?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                      I was talking to buddy in Sugarland about the Brazos River and we ended up trying to figure out if he would flood based on his houses elevation. I would think volume might be the factor we can't account for here. Once the river is out of its banks there is a lot more volume to fill to maintain that water level. Thanks for the input
                      Yep, I think you're absolutely right! with the caveat that the flood level can only remain constant if the flood waters fill it's voids it spills into... If it overflowed then went into a large void/hole, the river level would stop rising or slow or even fall a bit until it is equalized... so the time to flood will vary based on how much volume the flood water must fill... Am I thinking right on that?
                      Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 08-27-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Current radar for Montgomery county isn't looking good

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Regarding the bridge over the Brazos at 99......they have a laser set up shooting from one side to the other that is monitoring any movement. If there is any shifting or movement the bridge will be shut down. Once the water comes up higher than the laser it will be shut down regardless. This is what was distributed to us earlier today.
                          Where do I sign up for this information you keep getting?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Do you know if 99 is open all the way between 10 and 290? Both directions?
                            I just checked on WAZE but I was only looking going North. It was open in that direction with a few places slowing down to about 40mph.

Comment

I'm not sure what type of vehicle, but they are getting people off the boats and bringing them to the Gulf Freeway and 646.

Comment

Really bad set up unfolding again with that Western band. Super heavy rainfall rates, and very slow motion. Despite Radar returns, we have been getting a steady to moderate rain just about all day in Cypress. Roads were getting bad around my area due to Cypress Creek. Don't even want to imagine what it looks like in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X