Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      You broke the rules...
      you gonna snitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
        just saw this on another site. trying to confirm...

IMPORTANT note for Greatwood residents. The weather channel just raised the Brazos River forecast to reach 59', which would top the Greatwood levee. Projected to hit Wednesday.

edit:

I knew that prediction they had been holding on to was wrong. Hopefully they're being overly conservative since they underestimated last year.

Everyone in Ft. Bend County are in a tight spot if this becomes reality.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Do you have the link to where they show the inundation map at a given water level for the Brazos? Of course they may have never put one together for 59'.
          this one is 58'

Comment

Anyone know if there is a way for Dallas people with boats to help? I see help needed all over web, but mostly seems like south side.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
              Anyone know if there is a way for Dallas people with boats to help? I see help needed all over web, but mostly seems like south side.
              You can't get there from there... as previously posted...

Comment

I just watched on 13 news the forecast was an additional 18 to 24 inches between now and Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  You can't get there from there... as previously posted...
                  Sorry, missed that in the 291 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    I just watched on 13 news the forecast was an additional 18 to 24 inches between now and Wednesday.
                    Saw that too, but Frankie the ..... said he don't see it happenin'... He thinks the dry air will win out and reduce the rain amounts... Sure hope he's right!

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                      Thank you. Im not sure how accurate it is though. My parents house was right at the edge of the flooding last year when the Brazos was swelling from all the rain upstream and that was at 54.5 ft. It was quite accurate last year when I was looking at it and going to check on them. Now the map is showing the same thing in their area with the river being an additional 4ft higher. I hear our levee is supposed to protect us to 61 ft but who knows if that is accurate. Once it is breached at any point it will swamp us all. The stress is beginning to take its toll. Im going to pray that the river doesnt hit the heights estimated.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                        Thanks for all of the kind words guys/gals! The post above is pretty amazing, and really sets things in perspective having 3 young children myself.

I'm just a weather enthusiast/geek that wanted to help spread the word on the potential of this whole deal, along with Johnny, Bonesplitter, and others. Never thought about how this thread could really have a serious impact for some. Amazing stuff!

Can't wait for the activity to be less about weather, and more about cool redneck stuff. Stay safe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                        You have done a great job! Thanks for keeping everyone up to date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you. Im not sure how accurate it is though. My parents house was right at the edge of the flooding last year when the Brazos was swelling from all the rain upstream and that was at 54.5 ft. It was quite accurate last year when I was looking at it and going to check on them. Now the map is showing the same thing in their area with the river being an additional 4ft higher. I hear our levee is supposed to protect us to 61 ft but who knows if that is accurate. Once it is breached at any point it will swamp us all. The stress is beginning to take its toll. Im going to pray that the river doesnt hit the heights estimated.
                          praying here too brother. it starts to cover such a wide area at that point it's probably very hard to predict. everyone just needs to be ready to evacuate prior to routes getting blocked off.

Comment

Are you in New Territory area?

Comment

It may have been previously stated, but also the Colorado River in La Grange and Columbus are forecast to crest at record (Columbus) and 4th highest (la grange ) levels. Hopefully forecast I have read are incorrect. A lot of manadatory evacuation going on in these cities from what I hear from family in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                                Houston mayor just spoke on the weather channel and said " stock up on food and games and stay at home " ***

How bout when the power grid goes down mayor dip **** ? Let's play

Lock and load ? Smdh
                                I hope when this is all over with... this scum bag is permanently removed from the entire South of Mason Dixon !

Comment

Working...
                                X