No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just saw this on another site. trying to confirm...

IMPORTANT note for Greatwood residents. The weather channel just raised the Brazos River forecast to reach 59', which would top the Greatwood levee. Projected to hit Wednesday.

edit:

Comment

Man just prayers for all you folks down there. Have some family in Katy, havnt been able to teach them today. But I imagine they are fine where they are at.

Some of my employees (Nat Guard) have been put on a 2 hour recall and most will probably be called away tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

IMPORTANT note for Greatwood residents. The weather channel just raised the Brazos River forecast to reach 59', which would top the Greatwood levee. Projected to hit Wednesday.

edit:

Good Lord help us if this happens.

Comment

What does that mean, specifically? What's the scenario (s)

Comment

What is the forecast for rainfall tonight? I haven't seen anything on what to expect tonight? Is it gonna flare up like last night after sun down?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Yall please read what CCbluewater wrote here. The goobers talking about how much better it will be as it shifts east are missing the point that it wont be sucking dry air like it is now.

Yes but the moisture bands could be way east of the center like they are now. That would put the big moisture bands into Louisiana. Don't think the meteorologist was implying that it wasn't going to pick up anymore
              Moisture . It's all a guess at this point anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With Lake Conroe now releasing 19,000 CFS and Livingston releasing at 40,500 CFS, how much more of a flooding impact will this have on Houston area?

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  What is the forecast for rainfall tonight? I haven't seen anything on what to expect tonight? Is it gonna flare up like last night after sun down?
                  Weather guys on TV said tonight would be similar to last night. Sure hope it's a swing and a miss like most of their "guesses".

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    What does that mean, specifically? What's the scenario (s)
                    in that scenario there's going to be a lot of sugarland neighborhoods that the water will top the levees and flood every single house with feet of water.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      Weather guys on TV said tonight would be similar to last night. Sure hope it's a swing and a miss like most of their "guesses".
                      from a reliable source

As Harvey's center drifts slowly southward toward Victoria tonight, models are indicating that another band of strong storms is going to develop this evening around the east side of Houston, extending to eastern Galveston. The focus for the heaviest rain overnight will be along the coast from east Houston/Galveston east through Beaumont and Port Arthur and over to Lake Charles, as indicated by the red dashed box in the image above. Central Houston may escape the heavier rain tonight, but areas to the east may receive another 10-15 inches of rain tonight and Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        yea, they're having trouble just getting gas to the ones that are operating... Locals are walking in gasoline 5 gallons at a time... It is just incredible to watch this unfold on tv!
                        Charlie, you should see it in person.

People are piling in boats to the point of nearly swamping them

Lots of people hauling personal boats up and down the rd
                        Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Stay home. we both may be needed right here by Wed. if we go south, we wont be able to get home.

I had my boat in NE Houston during Alicia, I swore I would never do that again.

It did pain me to not be able to respond to calls from both Walker & Montgomery Counties today though.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            More...of the same...

Comment

from a reliable source

As Harvey's center drifts slowly southward toward Victoria tonight, models are indicating that another band of strong storms is going to develop this evening around the east side of Houston, extending to eastern Galveston. The focus for the heaviest rain overnight will be along the coast from east Houston/Galveston east through Beaumont and Port Arthur and over to Lake Charles, as indicated by the red dashed box in the image above. Central Houston may escape the heavier rain tonight, but areas to the east may receive another 10-15 inches of rain tonight and Monday morning.
                              You broke the rules...

Comment

edit:

Do you have the link to where they show the inundation map at a given water level for the Brazos? Of course they may have never put one together for 59'.

Comment

Working...
                                X