Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yea, I noticed that too... And watching KPRC, all the talk was about the big feeder band coming up Hwy 288 into downtown and moving east...meanwhile that other band of rain from the eastern portion of the gulf around Sabine pass just kept moving in and joined up with the big feeder band and that's what has moved into Liberty County... Nothing hard yet, but looking at radar, potential for some serious rain is sure there.
    Yeah the east side of Houston is getting squeezed between feeder bands from the south and cells coming off the eastern GOM.

Meanwhile both the Colorado & Brazon are getting steady rain up stream for a hundred + miles.

Not good for any of you

Comment

13" so far in Bastrop county. Calling for 15" more for Bastrop and Fayette. Deadly flooding going to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The San Jacinto and Caney Creek are the ones that cause us problems... well that and the Trinity where my hunting properties are... Trinity is not predicted to flood too badly. Been watching it all day. It's rising, but still far below flood stage at the US 90 bridge in Liberty... San Jac. not predicted to get too bad either... Some serious prayer going out for this and all those affected...

Comment

Dang Brian, you got water in your house?? You guys stay safe! Be wise in what you do.
          Originally posted by rtp View Post
          That stinks, sorry to hear.
          Thanks got things dried up till tomorrow and working on keeping the fam calm.

Comment

The San Jacinto and Caney Creek are the ones that cause us problems... well that and the Trinity where my hunting properties are... Trinity is not predicted to flood too badly. Been watching it all day. It's rising, but still far below flood stage at the US 90 bridge in Liberty... San Jac. not predicted to get too bad either... Some serious prayer going out for this and all those affected...
            Peach Creek, Caney Creek and East Fork San Jacinto have the potential to trap us in for days if this shakes out like it appears. Our house is in no danger though, thank the Lord. This is not looking good with this band appearing to stall and more moisture being pulled in from the southeast and merging with it like you said. It looks like what looked to be a gap in between bands is disappearing fast. This might be a horrible rain event for many people

Comment

Austin to Columbus Totals.

Comment

Yea, I don't think we have any flood danger for our house, but just can't get out if it gets bad... Hwy 321 just south of Cleveland is low in a couple places around Tarkington Bayou and then south of us between here and Dayton in a couple places and also at Luce's Bayou. Hwy 105 will flood between here and Moss Hill in the Trinity River bottom... When we went into Cleveland this evening for dinner, water was almost across the road just north of Tarkington Bayou (at the little Exxon station/store). So far, no hard rain, but a steady light rain has been falling for about 20-30 minutes or so...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Peach Creek, Caney Creek and East Fork San Jacinto have the potential to trap us in for days if this shakes out like it appears. Our house is in no danger though, thank the Lord. This is not looking good with this band appearing to stall and more moisture being pulled in from the southeast and merging with it like you said. It looks like what looked to be a gap in between bands is disappearing fast. This might be a horrible rain event for many people

West Fork San Jack already above flood stage and predicted to come up 8' more

Comment

I'm in south east austin, it's still pretty crazy down here. Bastrop to my east is getting beat up pretty bad I hear

Comment

My house is 2.3 miles from the Brazos and 1.3 miles from the San Bernard. It's not looking good for us.......

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        my house is 2.3 miles from the brazos and 1.3 miles from the san bernard. It's not looking good for us.......

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                        ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          My house is 2.3 miles from the Brazos and 1.3 miles from the San Bernard. It's not looking good for us.......

Oh dang. Prayer up for you and your family. Is it safe for yall to stay or are you gonna leave?

Comment

Last edited by HoustonHunter; 08-26-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

San Jac river at US 59 is slightly above flood stage as of 9:45 PM. Flood stage is 49.3 feet and current river level is 49.69, so yes it is flooding, though only slightly right now... One thing for sure, it's not likely to start falling any time soon... predicted crest right now is 57.8 at 4:00 AM on Monday morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Oh dang. Prayer up for you and your family. Is it safe for yall to stay or are you gonna leave?

Not sure. I'm a fireman so I have to work, my wife and boys are with friends and they may leave tomorrow, further north. Prayers are needed!

Comment

Working...
                                X