Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W-O View Post
    I have been around Cajuns all my life and never heard of potato salad in Gumbo. Rice yes, potato no.
    ask 100 gumbo eaters in South LA and 50 will add potato salad, the other 50 will eat it with just rice

Wife's family is from St. Landry and Avoyelles Parish as they eat gumbo with PS. I'm originally from NOLA and prefer to eat gumbo with rice, but have eaten it both ways

it all boils down to what your grandma or grandpa taught you when you were growing up

my gumbo : dark roux, smoked sausage, andouille, chicken
    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-26-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Hold on to your shorts... gonna be slobberknocker of a night...
      Not good. Only thing I'm optimistic about is if we lose power it will be at night with cooler temps.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Hold on to your shorts... gonna be slobberknocker of a night...

Oh yeah. That line coming is wicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Channel 2 is stating there are volunteer evacs around the Brazos in Rosenberg with mandatory likely.
          Last edited by HoustonHunter; 08-26-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Buffalo bayou running through old katy is within 3' of going out of the banks but is leveling off. Not sure we could handle another round like that tonight.

Comment

I'd rather have the crazy stuff when it's light outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                ask 100 gumbo eaters in South LA and 50 will add potato salad, the other 50 will eat it with just rice

Pretty much what I was told by the Cajun folks I duck hunted and fished with. Some did it and some did not. There was no set way to do it.... even though some will swear, like many folks and their foods, there is only one way.

Comment

Y'all be safe tonight. Seeing way to many people out driving around, likely with there guard down, and it's about to get bad. Tornado threat will continue as their is a pocket of air with super high CAPE just offshore that is being ingested into these feeder bands. Long night ahead I'm afraid!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    Was just saying the same thing. Been nice all day then once it gets dark we gonna get popped.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Wow what a ride with the kiddo in the closet the last 45 minutes here in Rosenberg. Had to chug a beer or two or 3 for some liquid courage. Shook the house pretty good. Stay safe yall.
                      Glad you're ok... hunker down brother.

Comment

Me too!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

No doubt. Can you imagine that crap last night in Rockport in the dark? What a **** rodeo that must have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            No doubt. Can you imagine that crap last night in Rockport in the dark? What a **** rodeo that must have been.
                            Don't have to hardly imagine when we had the blue shed lit up last night. That chit was fierce.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                              Don't have to hardly imagine when we had the blue shed lit up last night. That chit was fierce.

[emoji23][emoji23]. True true... long live the blue shed

Comment

Yep. Bad stuff always happens in the dark. I remember when Ike blew in going out after midnight when the power went out to hear trees snapping and **** being blown everywhere. Erie feeling when you can't see what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X