Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
    No doubt. Woke up and made pancakes and eggs, now I've got a seafood gumbo on the stove. Half battery on phone from TBH, and news on TV. Wife said she's just waiting to see an alligator walk down the Rd. Told her he'd be part of a gumbo within the hour. [emoji12]

and some fire water.

We are high and dry, but in the last hr have quite a bit of standing water in the yard. 4" since yesterday morning. It was slow until about an hr ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Same here on the other side of town. Lot of rain has fell in past hour. I'm starting a pot of frijoles and have a skirt steak seasoned.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      Did your livestock make it?

We didnt see any under it, so i think they are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
        I'll keep an eye on it for sure as well as the other Global models, but with it over land I'm mainly looking at the Mesoscale models to pick up on the banding. On tropical tidbits you can see these, and the HRRR, NAM3k, WRF-ARW are UGLY.
        Dang...I just looked at these. I sure hope these are wrong. If they are right, it hasn't even really began here yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          Dang...I just looked at these. I sure hope these are wrong. If they are right, it hasn't even really began here yet..
          That's what I'm afraid of. I been hearing the worst won't hit the Houston area until Sunday/Monday

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
            This is concerning. HRRR shows the feeder bands converging and just pummeling Houston and surrounding areas tomorrow.

That same stalled out front that is keeping it stationary is going to cause a secondary problem by being a focal point of lift for heavy rains and severe weather (tornados)

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              That's what I'm afraid of. I been hearing the worst won't hit the Houston area until Sunday/Monday
              That's kinda the way it looks right now from the models I'm seeing. All we can do is wait and see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy giant cartons of Blue Bell Batman!

Comment

What can do to get to see these "models"? I just want to sound like I know what I'm talking about. We are under a tornado warning jn jefferson county right now

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
                    What can do to get to see these "models"? I just want to sound like I know what I'm talking about. We are under a tornado warning jn jefferson county right now
                    Tropicaltidbits.com has them. Go to forecast models tab, and you can look at several, and also change parameters within some of the models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Flooding will bring out snakes especially rattlers. Beware!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        That's kinda the way it looks right now from the models I'm seeing. All we can do is wait and see

Easy to let your guard down, even for me seeing the stuff posted. I hope folks don't get caught off guard the next 36 hours

Comment

Well, I can't change the forecast so yes...yes that is Hershey's chocolate on my Rocky Road ice cream. First bowl of ice cream in 2 years. Boredom killed my will power. Thanks alot Harvey!

Comment

[emoji45]

Comment

If we're going to get pummeled tomorrow I'm especially grateful the rain today has been a non-event where I live.

Continued prayers for all of those already affected by this.

Comment

Fox 26 in Houston said the latest from NHC saying it is expected to go west now and not back towards Houston. Anyone else hear that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X