Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
    Yep. The GFS and CMC have it wandering off to the west but up to this point the Euro has been the accurate one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12z Euro shows it emerging back over water about where it came onshore at Hour 48.. Hour 96(Wednesday) back into Matagorda area as likely a Cat 1(987Mb). Staying consistent.

Comment

Police chief in rockport.... "This is bad...several hundred million dollars...:

Comment

Lots of images

Harvey hits Texas with 130mph winds

Texas residents are left reeling by 'catastrophic' flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey. Forty inches of rain is expected to fall with an estimated $40bn worth of damage left behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

One fatality...so far. (Rockport)

Comment

This is concerning. HRRR shows the feeder bands converging and just pummeling Houston and surrounding areas tomorrow.

Comment

.....great.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                This is concerning. HRRR shows the feeder bands converging and just pummeling Houston and surrounding areas tomorrow.

That don't look good

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Man I'm gonna gain 5lbs in the next few days. There's nothing to do but eat, make fun of the weather reporters, and surf TBH....
                  Same here... been going outside and walking during the lulls.... trying to keep pace with the trips to the kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                    12z Euro shows it emerging back over water about where it came onshore at Hour 48.. Hour 96(Wednesday) back into Matagorda area as likely a Cat 1(987Mb). Staying consistent.

Yep and that's the one I've been relying on because it has been the most accurate to this point. Which is gonna keep us in the north Houston area on the dirty side for days. This thing is far from over

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      No doubt. Woke up and made pancakes and eggs, now I've got a seafood gumbo on the stove. Half battery on phone from TBH, and news on TV. Wife said she's just waiting to see an alligator walk down the Rd. Told her he'd be part of a gumbo within the hour. [emoji12]

and some fire water.

We are high and dry, but in the last hr have quite a bit of standing water in the yard. 4" since yesterday morning. It was slow until about an hr ago.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Whens dinner! Love some gumbo

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        I think maybe they mean as far as damage it is a total loss. I can see trout street in the pictures as well, but could still be inbad shape. There are a few boats but not many on the harbor left in the pics I have seen.
                        Makes sense, didn't think of that. Wasn't trying to blast you, just trying to clarify based on what I had seen also. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Our metal cattle barn, not sure if straight line winds or small twister from early this morning, Walker county.
                          Nowhere near the destruction like down south on the coast got, so we are pretty fortunate. Still not over by any means

Comment

Did your livestock make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              Yep and that's the one I've been relying on because it has been the most accurate to this point. Which is gonna keep us in the north Houston area on the dirty side for days. This thing is far from over

I'll keep an eye on it for sure as well as the other Global models, but with it over land I'm mainly looking at the Mesoscale models to pick up on the banding. On tropical tidbits you can see these, and the HRRR, NAM3k, WRF-ARW are UGLY.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                Whens dinner! Love some gumbo

Ready in a hour.
                                Tomorrows menu:
                                Biscuits and gravy
                                Beans and rice

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X