Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    I'm watching it and monitoring the Kingwood Forum. I'm a bit down from that area and have seen the latest flood map on my specific neighborhood in our FB page. I don't feel 100% ok, but not too co concerned....yet. Trust me....I'm on top of it. This is the first one I have stayed in since Alicia when I lived in Clear Lake. I have a healthy respect for these storms (meaning they scare the crap out of me! )
    If you're not using the Nextdoor App for our Kingwood area, it's been helpful this morning because the police are actively reporting street flooding and road blockages in real time. Some streets that were flooded and closed have since re-opened since the water has receded while we're in a lull in the rain.

I also echo Slick's comment about Woodland Hills at River Grove. That's from the river rising. My wife saw earlier that thankfully the Ag barns were evacuated, so the animals are safe in New Caney.

Comment

Originally posted by CPR09 View Post
      Does this mean that people stayed on the Polly Anna during the storm?
      According to that, it sure sounds like it. I haven't gotten confirmation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
        I'm going to copy and paste a report from Port Aransas. Unless you're familiar with the area, it probably won't mean much to you, but I wanted to share anyway.

Lots of this is not going to mean to much to you but here is some information I have. *Thank you for the text, it was a grueling and emotional day. *Most of this is from Dan Allen: * Polly Anna broke loose and ran into Virginia’s. *Mother and son and crew on board were rescued, stupid people. *Woody’s is gone. *Trout Street is gone. *Marina is pretty torn up. *When you get off the ferry the condos on the left blew across the street and took out the Dairy Queen. *Heard that Deep Sea Headquarters is gone or very damaged (not confirmed). *From Beverly (her husband runs the company that operates those offshore rigs by the ferry), one of those also broke loose. *The City Hall/ Police Station has 2 1/2 feet of water in it. * The surge by Charlies Pasture pier rose to 12 feet, so Beverly is assuming she has 3 feet of water in her house, we might also, not sure about us. *
        Thank you for that , reports from port A and Aransas pass have been slow coming, after seeing the cove harbor storage I fear the worst for con Brown

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Yes. Aransas county airport. The hangers up by the hwy.
          Might watch that Jim guys periscope. He said both hangers were down.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            Yes I did live there then, also rode out Ike and did not have power for 14 days afterwards. Been there done that.
            Every dog has his day.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
              Thank you for that , reports from port A and Aransas pass have been slow coming
              This is not looking good. I'm hearing from friends and residents that most of the island is leveled. I won't be surprised if it's declared soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I'm sure shooting someone over material possessions wouldn't be worth it in the end. Pulling the trigger gets expensive I hear. ?

Skinny
                Nah. That will be a no bill. The homeowners mistake was leaving him alive. The civil suit is what could cost him, although he will win.

Comment

Prayers for all in Port A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

City of Baytown-government facebook page is doing a good job of posting road closures and other info for those in the area.

Comment

I dumped 3 3/4 at 11. Another decent rain starting now. Power restored at 8

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        I'm sure shooting someone over material possessions wouldn't be worth it in the end. Pulling the trigger gets expensive I hear. ?

Skinny
                        I'm not sure I would shoot them, it would come down to the moment. But I wish every thief would endure the worst hell that could come to them and still allow them to live. I hate thieves

Comment

No cell service in Rockport so reports are slow to get out, but finally seeing a few pics and videos. Lots of damage. Homes and businesses destroyed. We have a house on Water Street in town right on the water. Havent seen it yet, but I doubt there is much left of it.

Comment

Anyone have any info on Victoria?

Comment

We have been almost rain free after a big storm came through this morning at beltway and 290. White oak is currently coming down which is a very good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

Prayers for all in Port A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Looks like virginia's is still there!

Comment

Working...
                                X