No announcement yet.

Spring/summer plots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked plots this weekend and its the best summer plots I've had and very little browsing so far. I guess there is plenty of natural growth with the consistent rain. Got another 0.6" today. Cowpeas with a little okra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
      Checked plots this weekend and its the best summer plots I've had and very little browsing so far. I guess there is plenty of natural growth with the consistent rain. Got another 0.6" today. Cowpeas with a little okra.
      Mind me asking what part of the state you are in? I would give a hundred for my plots to resemble yours...we just don't catch many (any) rains May thru August.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Mind me asking what part of the state you are in? I would give a hundred for my plots to resemble yours...we just don't catch many (any) rains May thru August.

Rwc
        Hunt County, we’ve been lucky with the rain this year

Comment

RMW and Mountaineer, both your plots look really good ! It has been my experience with IC peas that once the deer “find” them they will catch up on the browse useage. It’s a good thing to have that much left going into the middle to last of summer because the natural browse is going downhill by now in most places but the does still need to nurse and the bucks are still growing antlers. Timely rains are paramount for success and Texas being Texas we don’t always get what we need.

Comment

Working...
          X