Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Drought and food plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished mine today and 15 minutes later the real rain started. Hope we get enough thru tonight to get it up. Then pray we have enough to keep it alive this fall/winter.

Comment

Praise the lord I got good rain at both ranches and plots are coming up good. One more decent shower in a week or so and we should have a good stand soon.

Comment

I put out 100 pounds of the stuff I bought from Standleys in Franklin named Buck Wildlife Plot Mixture by East Texas seed company. I have sandy loam at our place so I put it out with a spreader. One bag two weeks ago and a bag last week before the rain. This stuff exploded! I kid y’all not. Last week the oats alone were already 3” tall. Check it out.

Comment

I had to take my tractor to the lease this morning to push some dead pines out of our trails so I took a pic of my rifle plot and hung a camera while I was there. Nearly 2” in our gauge !
          Attached Files

Comment

Three inches of rain out of the last two fronts and hope to see green by next week.

Comment

My Oklahoma plots are starting good but the deer are mowing them off. I wish I had time to get some fertilizer out before tomorrow but didn't happen.

Comment

Plot looking good now.
                Another 1 1/2 last week and forecast for 1-2 more tomorrow.

Comment

Planted to early but luckily not all the seed died so some coming back.

Comment

Ours are coming on ! Winter wheat, medium red clover, and Daikon radish in all our plots.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I plowed mid September but after looking at the La Niña strength and fertilizer prices I’ve decided not to plant this year. Best of luck to those who have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
                        I plowed mid September but after looking at the La Niña strength and fertilizer prices I’ve decided not to plant this year. Best of luck to those who have.
                        My broadcast Turner seeds have finally taken off in Brown Co. May fertilize if I send some real rain chances coming.
                        Would love to have some green fields in late winter.

Comment

My dad got ours in yesterday. He said there was decent moisture in the ground from last weeks rain and there is a 50% chance of rain today. Getting some today would be huge!! This is our first time planting at the new place so we will see how it goes.

Comment

I can see mine starting to come up on the cell cam pictures. Anxious to get out there next weekend and have a good look.

Comment

Mine is coming in nicely now

Last edited by blatallic; 11-04-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

We’ve had almost 2” since we planted. Amazing how green it is in south Texas right now/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X