Trapping Season 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Got a small, dark female on a pipe set with Coyote Claymore II.
    Also, Coyote Frenzy gland lure on an old dropping.
    Could have been either one that attracted the yote.

[ATTACH]1114717[/ATTACH]
    Awesome ! I actually just got some coyote frenzy in. It smells like coyote in a bottle for sure !

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
      In yalls opinion is this a good package to get started?

https://www.minntrapprod.com/Coyote-...o/COY-KIT%232/
      It appears to have most of what you need
      add 5 gal bucket to keep it all in and a small tote or bucket to keep the lure/bait in as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
        In yalls opinion is this a good package to get started?

https://www.minntrapprod.com/Coyote-...o/COY-KIT%232/
        Link doesn't work, but I figured out that it's the Bridger kit.
        I would add 4lbs of trap wax.
        You won't use up 4 pounds, but you need that much to get the trap submerged. Maybe 5
        It's cheap, though.
        [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNsoA0e5dA&t=29s"]Predator Trapping Prep - The Management Advantage - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks guys, i went with a different package that has dye and wax.

Comment

Good-sized male this morning on a pipe set with James Lucero JL#1 and a little coyote urine.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_044054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	24703775

Name:	20230105_044557.jpg
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	24703776

Name:	20230105_044348.jpg
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	24703777

Comment

The set, right by the road.

Name:	20221231_091127.jpg
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	24703778

Comment

Boy he sure does look pretty with that Longspring on his wrist! Congrats!

Comment

I know trapping "season" is typically fall and winter. As i am concerned primarily with nesting and fawning season, what changes if any should be made for warm season trapping? Im sure there are some differences seasonally.

Comment

The change I make for warm season is I struggle more to catch something.

Comment

Theoretically, if you get all your coyotes and coons caught right before fawning and nesting, you will be pretty well set.
                      By the time the predators back-fill, fawns & poults will be more mobile.

Comment

^^^ good advice.

Made it in to check and reset our traps. Thankfully we did not have to chain up and did not get stuck.
                        Wind picked up and drifting started by the time we got out.
                        Hoping no new snow before Friday.

Had a 1st for us, had to release a mule deer fawn from a coil spring. It was healthy, no broken leg.
                        Husband did the coat tackle while I released the trap. Took about 30 seconds in all. It did stout off, gingerly, so we hope it is ok.

Coyote tracks all over so movement after the snow.
                        We had about 6-8 inches drifted over most sets and 3 sprung traps under the snow.
                        Found a couple were set in the right spots, blown open.
                        Creek we're trapping and a cubby set on the right side under the tree.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's something I don't want to deal with on a regular basis. Snow!
                          I'm glad that fawn wasn't hurt.

Comment

Honestly snow trapping sux.
                            Really hoping the little deer is up and feeding when we get back up in the morning. It seemed ok but you never know about the stress it lived.

Comment

Wrapping up this property. Pulled all my traps this afternoon. Took 4hrs but I got it done. I think I’m going to take a couple of weeks break before starting the other properties. One of them I’m really looking forward to. Lots of cat track so we’ll see what happens.

I’m glad this wasn’t filmed or I’d be all over the internet. Caught a nice little boar about 65 lbs in a no bs extreme. I got my heritage .22 pistol out and started walking towards him. He lunged at me and pulled out lol ! Here he came! I cocked the .22 and was going to shoot him at 0 distance and I heard the biggest click in the world! The safety was on. So I beat him on the head 2 or 3 times with my pistol and he finally turned and left. Never a dull moment.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sharkhunter; 01-05-2023, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I bet that would be a comical video

{robably be right up there with the guy kicking the javi under his feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X