X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info thanks

Comment

Well that stinks

Got me wondering if mine are frozen in since I bedded them in dry sand/ peat mixture

Comment

Flaked antifreeze will work too until you have some wax dirt made. Sprinkle it over the dirt covering the pan and around the jaws.

Looking forward to getting back in Wyoming and getting our sets out, we'll be warn this week.

Comment

Put in a couple more sets this afternoon

Scent post and a dirt hole with scraps of rib roast (worked last year so don't laugh just yet )

Comment

I just started last night. We put out 4 sets. One caught a yote, one caught a fox, one was set, and the best looking one had not been touched. The one that popped was in a muddy area and I am wondering if that had anything to do with it. I reset them all at lunch today so hopefully we will have more presents in the morning.

My boy with today's catch.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job stinkbelly

Comment

This morning we had 1 yote and one dug up trap. As we walked toward the yote he spun around and ran off. He left 1 toe behind. So I guess it wasn't a good catch. We reset for the changing wind. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.

Comment

Ordered a few traps and everything I think I need from reading and following this thread. Will be learning as I go, so there are sure to be some questions.

Sharkhunter, I might give you a shout as I will be trapping near Tarkington and up in Polk county too.

Ready to get going and take my son along with me.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                    Ordered a few traps and everything I think I need from reading and following this thread. Will be learning as I go, so there are sure to be some questions.

Sharkhunter, I might give you a shout as I will be trapping near Tarkington and up in Polk county too.

Ready to get going and take my son along with me.
                    I’ll shoot you a PM

Comment

This ol girl has been giving me fits. She’s the one that tunneled under my set from the back side a week ago. She was really a smart coyote. I added a second trap in the trench she made and rebaited. She got hammered in both lol !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice set!!

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          This ol girl has been giving me fits. She’s the one that tunneled under my set from the back side a week ago. She was really a smart coyote. I added a second trap in the trench she made and rebaited. She got hammered in both lol !
                          Congrats on getting a smart one.
                          Different kind of satisfaction when you finally beat an educated one for sure

Comment

Well, I decided to skip trapping the cold snap.
                            Didn't feel like working all night then checking in 20° weather.
                            May have been a good decision.
                            I just now put 5 sets out in the zone where I've caught most of my coyotes.
                            I work 2 more nights then I'm off for several days.
                            Might get a few more in in the morning when I check.

Comment

#11 a big male on a crawl through on a snare. He was hip caught but a catch is a catch. Had another large coyote pull one of my deer legs I had staked out. Totally my fault I should’ve made my stakes 24” long. He’ll be back though times on my side.

I saw a sweet older lady on the side of the road selling antlers and dead heads in New Waverley. I had actually bought a set of rattling horns from her and her dad about 15 yrs ago. She was in the same place selling them. Her dad had passed so she does it solo now. I bough a Fallow dead head for wall art from her. If I had the money I’d buy everything she had just because. She is an absolute blessing to talk with. If y’all get the chance don’t pass her up.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-28-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

If New Waverly was close I would drop by and talk to her and buy something

Finally caught one this evening, first one this fall/winter but #6 off of my 50 ac place since Jan 1
                                Have not seen many on game cams either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	24701574

Comment

Working...
                                X