Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
    Glad to see it works for you
    What about raccoons and squirrels eating the $11 corn?
    With a 10" plastic sleeve around the post coons have a hard time getting to the feed spouts. I place mine at 42" to the bottom lip. Very rare for a coon big enough to jump and grab the spout. Squirrels sometime jump high enough. But, I am ok with that. I enjoy eating fat squirrels as much as I do deer meat.

Cardinals tend to knock more corn out than squirrels in the winter time.

Comment

Big Bucks Plus also makes a nice gravity feeder. I like the single posts so sleeves can be installed to deter varmints.

Comment

Apparently they have gotten used to the gravity feeder. They’re visiting it nightly now. They still prefer on the ground but have warmed up to the feeder.

When do you usually stop the gravity feeder and use a timed throw feeder for hunting season? Don’t want these boys to have access to free corn at midnight during the season.

Comment

I started using an All Season gravity feeder 4 years ago (to feed corn), and I don’t see pigs but a couple times a year. The last few times a pig has passed through I’ve gotten no more than a couple pictures of them, and they leave.

All my neighbors use throw feeders, so there’s easier pickings in the area.

Comment

Have hunted over a many of homemade 4" PVC free choice feeders strapped to trees. Placed high enough so hogs can't reach it and never had any issues of them getting into it or tearing them up.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
              I started using an All Season gravity feeder 4 years ago (to feed corn), and I don’t see pigs but a couple times a year. The last few times a pig has passed through I’ve gotten no more than a couple pictures of them, and they leave.

All my neighbors use throw feeders, so there’s easier pickings in the area.

How do you get them to come out in the daytime? Just wait for the rut or do you stop doing gravity feed and throw corn during the season?

Comment

It doesn't matter at my place. Deer eat when they eat. I have a timed feeder that will go off at 7and still have corn on the ground when I start the afternoon hunt.

Comment

I use an All Season gravity feeder, soybeans and corn. No problems with hogs, I know they are eating some but, its feeding the deer.

Comment

The first feeders I hunted over were just 55 gallon drums with 2-3 holes the size of a quarter drilled in the sides at the bottom of the barrel. Deer would just nibble on the corn that came out.
                    Worked great

Comment

Hell I have corn in a trough feeder, got to pull out all the stops when acorns are already falling and season starts in a couple days

Comment

Keep PIGs away

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Nothing keeps pigs away
                        Just BULLETS and ARROWS

Comment

Working...
                        X