• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Nothing keeps pigs away
    Tannerite

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
      What is a good low budget option for a gravity feeder that the coons and squirrels will not destroy? Is there such a thing "good low budget"?
      This right here. I have winch up feeders with 55gal drums and protein spouts, T Post Redneck feeders with 6" pvc couplings over the spouts and screws through the bottom of coupling to keep hogs from biting them, and ASF Easy Feeders.

For your application I recommend these Easy Feeders on a 4x4 post 44" off the ground to the bottom lip. And, a varmint sleeve placed over the post.

The EZ Tree Feeder maximizes feed potential through elevation that prevents moisture, mold, and pests. Order yours today from All Seasons Feeders!

Banks Outdoor Varmint Sleeve

NEW feeder sleeve prevents feeding raccoons and other rodents.

Also, I recommend 3 ratchet straps on the feeder. Not the straps that come with it.
      Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-30-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Pointless

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Pointless
          Which part? If you are talking about my recommendations and setups I challenge you or anyone else on here to drop by and visit my setups and success rate in E Tx..

Also, I have zero pens setup. I have spent years building feeders and setups that work in E Tx "that work".

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            This right here. I have winch up feeders with 55gal drums and protein spouts, T Post Redneck feeders with 6" pvc couplings over the spouts and screws through the bottom of coupling to keep hogs from biting them, and ASF Easy Feeders.

For your application I recommend these Easy Feeders on a 4x4 post 44" off the ground to the bottom lip. And, a varmint sleeve placed over the post.

The EZ Tree Feeder maximizes feed potential through elevation that prevents moisture, mold, and pests. Order yours today from All Seasons Feeders!

Banks Outdoor Varmint Sleeve

NEW feeder sleeve prevents feeding raccoons and other rodents.

Also, I recommend 3 ratchet straps on the feeder. Not the straps that come with it.

Bayouboy, I like both models in the links you posted. Guessing they are both tall enough to prevent pesky coons….but No pens around either, no problem with pigs?
            I know at my place the dang pigs would just lean and bump against a feeder leg and will do it for hours if they can get one or two pellets of corn or protein at a time as a reward. Any problems with them bumping that one single post? I’d like to be able to feed without messing with panels and t posts and worrying about pigs eventually bumping it non stop, emptying it out, and maybe even making it lean…
            Thanks for the links and ideas…

Comment

No problems if you place it deep enough in concrete. Plus, the sleeve is slick and that makes it where the hogs cannot jump up and lean on it for balance. I do not like pens for the fact mature bucks are mostly shy of them except for night time. Yes. You get the occasional mature buck in them. But, not as often as with no pen. The hogs still eat what the messy deer and birds knock down. But, they get the scraps and leave.

I also place these on the sides and bottom of my feeder. Any place a pig will bump with it's snout. I use sub floor adhesive to attach them. I have found a lot of blood and tissue on them from hogs that gave it the snout test

Shop Simpson Strong-Tie 6-in x 3-in 20-Gauge Galvanized Mending Plates in the Mending & Nail Plates department at Lowe's.com. Simpson Strong-Tie straps and plates join and reinforce joints with simple, versatile solutions for a wide range of connections. Available in many lengths,
              Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-30-2022, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Free choice corn?!

No sir not in this time of high prices. They gonna get rationed

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                  Free choice corn?!

No sir not in this time of high prices. They gonna get rationed
                  There is feeding and there is baiting. I feed

Comment

Which part? If you are talking about my recommendations and setups I challenge you or anyone else on here to drop by and visit my setups and success rate in E Tx..

Also, I have zero pens setup. I have spent years building feeders and setups that work in E Tx "that work".
                    Can you post more pics of your setups? Thanks.

Comment

There is feeding and there is baiting. I feed
                      That was sarcasm. I saw the title and that was the first thing that came to mind with all the “corn price” threads lately

Comment

Sorry. They are 2.5 hours away.

Comment

PM me your email and I will send you some cell cam pics of a couple of them.

Comment

Also a company out of Ohio. Broadside feeders

Comment

Put the gravity feeder in the pin where there was a throw feeder. It’s been there for two weeks and no one is eating from the feeder itself. Yesterday I went out and threw some corn on the ground and for a couple of young bucks to eat it but they’re pretty shy about the feeder itself. Does this take a while? Not a gravity fed expert as you can tell. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to see it works for you
                                What about raccoons and squirrels eating the $11 corn?

Comment

Working...
                                X