Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Buck Forage Oats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
    Is that BFO price for this year? The place I get them from hasn't gotten a price from them yet and he seem to think it will be higher this year?
    Read the thread... towards the top I addressed how anyone can pick them up for $30. 2 options available

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      You can pick them up for $30 dollars a bag in Simonton where they are located. The address is at bottom of website. You can also order them for pickup at 60% off at TTHA Extravaganza. You don't need a TTHA ticket, they will simply have a truck or trailer in parking lot for people to pick up their order. That was what I was originally going to do until it was suggested I could just go to Simonton and pick up bags there.
      Here you go

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Did you fertilize? One of the best things to do is fertilize heavy. It will make you plant more nutritious and palatable to the deer
        Yes, I did. I gave it the college try. Dont think it was the product, just think the deer were accustomed to the blend I have planted for years.

Comment

We planted bob oats for years on our lease. About 10 years ago I planted BFO on half of one of my fields. The deer would walk across the bob oats and start eating on the BFO. The next year I planted all of my fields with it. My brother in law continued on with the bob oats because it was much cheaper. My oats were eaten to the ground that year and his were 12" tall. He rarely even saw a deer in his field. The next year he went along with me and planted BFO and has never mentioned bob oats again.

Comment

We have had great luck with tractor supply forage oats in the orange bag. Have been really good and deer prefer them over bob oats on our places. My problem with Buck Forage Oats is availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up Buck Forage Oats at Lone Stare farm and supply in Nacogdoches for $43.00/50 lbs.

Comment

Working...
              X