Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would shoot him

Comment

We area tad bit over 10,000 acres...been MLD for years...and I would drill that deer any sit.

With a rifle...maybe not depending on what else was around...chances of loosing lease and thats a dead deer walking.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I'll come over there and kill that 8 for you since he's such a bully.
        Lol I heard that. And honestly if the landowner would let me have guests I wouldn't mind at all. At his age and the quality of younger bucks I have running around, he needs to die.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
          Lol actually he's not in any of the counties you listed.
          Good luck chasing him!

Comment

Any low fence land in East Texas, he's dead. If I were a betting man, I would put large amounts of money he doesn't make through the first week in November. The only question in my mind is, if not you, who?

Comment

DOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He should scare 150", small property the size you are working with whack him.

Comment

Shoot!!!!

Comment

I actually passed a buck last year that was just as good as this one, and 4.5, hoping that he would turn into something special. I haven't seen him yet and he's past due to be on camera... I'm sure he's on somebody's wall if I had to guess
                    I admire your restraint. I’ve hunted East Texas for the last 12 or so years, and we’ve learned not to pass anything up that we’d be proud to have that year. We’re not blasting 110 inch 8-points, but if something is scaring 130 we’ll take it, because it’s very rare for us to see a deer in that range one year and then get pics of it again the next. The place we hunt isn’t huge, but we have a lot bigger buffer zone than you do as well.

Comment

Man those double mule deer forks would be tough to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                        Any low fence land in East Texas, he's dead. If I were a betting man, I would put large amounts of money he doesn't make through the first week in November. The only question in my mind is, if not you, who?
                        do you not think he was pretty impressive last year? how did he make it? its an easy excuse to say "if not me, them." i have 50 acres in hunt county with 10 neighbors all from 5-75 acres, at least 5 of them hunt, and we see bucks for 2-3 years every year, from 125" to 160"+.

Comment

Here are pics of him from last year. I also videoed him too so I know he was 3.5 last year.
                          Attached Files

Comment

If hes in the 40s hes high 40s for sure. Thats a nice deer.

Comment

Here are pics of him from last year. I also videoed him too so I know he was 3.5 last year.
                              great improvement....can you imagine what he could next year...

i know its tough to pass a deer like that and cant blame anyone for taking him, but dang, can you imagine what he could do next year...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                do you not think he was pretty impressive last year? how did he make it? its an easy excuse to say "if not me, them." i have 50 acres in hunt county with 10 neighbors all from 5-75 acres, at least 5 of them hunt, and we see bucks for 2-3 years every year, from 125" to 160"+.
                                That's awesome that you have that opportunity. I can tell you from hunting Nacogdoches & Rusk counties for ~35 years that what you have is not the norm for where we are unless they are on a large managed property.

As an example, we have killed 1 buck off our place in the last 4 years. We see 100"- 120" 2-3yo deer nearly every year and let them walk. I've yet to see one return the next the next year.

The OP has a mature trophy class deer for that part of Texas. He should shoot it if he wants it. I would.

I would be absolutely shocked if that deer makes it past opening weekend of gun season.

Comment

Working...
                                X