Trapping season 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a female

Probably last year's pup and prety sure momma was watching her as I rode up. Thought I had a double but the fartherest stood up and trotted off

#5 off of my place

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6920.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	351.2 KB
ID:	24679419

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	24679420

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Probably last year's pup and prety sure momma was watching her as I rode up. Thought I had a double but the fartherest stood up and trotted off

#5 off of my place

[ATTACH]1084722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1084723[/ATTACH]
      Nice work, That’s about as deep a pad catch as you’ll ever see. On a situation like you described I’d cut the leg off the coyote you caught and buried it, with just the paw sticking above the ground and smeared a little gland lure on it. Makes a excellent flat set this time of the year when the coyotes are paired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
        That’s about as deep a pad catch as you’ll ever see.
        That's what I was thinking, for that 550.
        They can get pretty deep, and do, on my big #4 dls, but that gal was committed!

Comment

This week we caught a kitty cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
            This week we caught a kitty cat.

We are up two 27 coyotes and 4 bob cats since July.

Comment

Been only catching females and finally caught a male this morning. Trap was in the center of a 2 track.

Comment

Nice work! He doesn’t look to happy in that coilspring bracelet!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                  Nice work! He doesn’t look to happy in that coilspring bracelet!
                  He was a little ticked.

Comment

Great thread, you guys are hammering them.

Been working on the predators in Austin county at the property I manage. Have traditionally snared and caught 80 in the last 3 yes. Took a one on one trapping class with a professional trapper beginning of the month and learned leg hold trapping methods and techniques. Running Bridger number 3 offset fully modified traps and having great success. 14 days in and have 12 coyotes, 2 grey fox and 2 bobcats. Got pictures but not the greatest at posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post

Been working on the predators in Austin county at the property I manage. Have traditionally snared and caught 80 in the last 3 yes. Took a one on one trapping class with a professional trapper beginning of the month and learned leg hold trapping methods and techniques. Running Bridger number 3 offset fully modified traps and having great success. 14 days in and have 12 coyotes, 2 grey fox and 2 bobcats. Got pictures but not the greatest at posting them.
                      Hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post

That’s a good run for sure!!!

Comment

Comment

Pretty decent size male on a drag. Snared coyote was a small female.

Comment

Hogmess you are wearing them out. What sets and bait are you having luck with?

Comment

Flat sets and a few dirt holes but I make a tiny hole for the dirt holes. I use the driver to make it. Mainly Wayne Derrick lures and Jimmy Brooks baits. If y’all haven’t used Mr. brooks baits he has some really good ones. He lives in menard Texas and has a Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X