No announcement yet.

2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this bruiser checking scrape about every other day. And a single doe at night. But no other deer movement on the property. Lots of meth head... I mean oil traffic past month
    Attached Files

Comment

He learning early

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Got this bruiser checking scrape about every other day. And a single doe at night. But no other deer movement on the property. Lots of meth head... I mean oil traffic past month
        Haha, stud!

Comment

Setup my first ever mock scrape yesterday afternoon in Wichita County, will be interesting to see if it works! It is set next to a deer trail and I peed in it before I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put my cam back on one of my mock scrapes today, check it next Thursday

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24628527

Not a buck, but it exhibits the interest doe will have in scrapes/mock scrapes. The 2 doe actually loitered around the ms for several minutes

Comment

Other guy on the property put a cell camera on my scrape. Lol guess my camera is hidden pretty well. Terrible pic due to distance but another new buck. That’s 6 for sure using this scrape
                Attached Files

Comment

Tag

Comment

I was going to go to Tractor Supply and get some cotton rope to use for a licking branch, since I saw it on a Barry Wensel video. You know how that goes. I got there and whatever size cotton rope was like a dollar & change per foot. I went ahead and got some quarter inch nylon cord and will use grape vine hung from that cord. 6 bucks for a packet of the cord. I have plenty of grape vine around the place.
                    Got a new Browning Command trail cam at the Tractor Supply, too. Trying it out on my yard deer to see what setting I like.
                    My other cameras are Moultrie.

Comment

Man I wish I was smart enough to post the videos of this fawn working the vine over!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Doe coming in for a check
                        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Low Fence;15013023]Got this bruiser checking scrape about every other day. And a single doe at night. But no other deer movement on the property. Lots of meth head... I mean oil traffic past month[/Q

just wondering what type of vine/tree branch or it doesnt matter you are using for your mock scrape ? And are you using something like Buck Bomb/Tinks to start it off.

thanks DH

Comment

Last year on this same scrape I had a red oak limb “hooked” into the branches of this water oak, so it would swing freely. They got so rough they eventually tore it out and were jumping up into the tree to keep using it. This year I replaced all with some grape vine with rough bark. I found it on 1 property and made all mine from that day be piece.

I make a long loop with 550 cord and hitch it through itself in the tree and simple hitch on vine. No knots and it swings and hasn’t come loose. Easy to replace in seconds if needed.

I peed in this on the day I made it.... but it rained 3” that night. They took to it and no reason for me to manipulate it. It has 6-7 deer that I know of using it. Their scent is better than anything I could add

Comment

I haven't had any luck with mine so far but have had videos of a few doe and yearling bucks walking by in the background. I think I might try some scents and if that doesn't work change location.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X