No announcement yet.

Dove plot mgmt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear it! Good luck to you. Hoping it's decent as my kids are all kinda jacked up about going.........maybe more than I am!

Comment

Had a great 2 day shoot with family and friends. 7 man limit the first day and we were 10 shy of limits the second day.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230902_124347.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	26575060

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
        Had a great 2 day shoot with family and friends. 7 man limit the first day and we were 10 shy of limits the second day.

Awesome. Native field or other?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          Awesome. Native field or other?
          Perdovik sunflower field....shredded and disced strips. Also have a power line and dead trees on the property that really helps to build bird numbers once they find it. First year hunting it and its an outstanding dove property.

Comment

Congrats, that’s some good memories made there. We made some good memories too, just dern sure wasn’t in the dove field!

Comment

Time to order your native sunflowers or disc your existing fields!

Justin Seed was out of the natives but Turner had them. Ordered 10lbs.

Comment

We are about to shred the last bit of the food plot at home and do a little hunting in the late season. The home plot turned our really well and produced a lot of birds. As I previously mentioned our Brown County plots were a bust as the deer and cows destroyed them.

Comment

will the deer whipe out the natives like they did my peredovik this spring?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

will the deer whipe out the natives like they did my peredovik this spring?
                    In my experience no....they don't like the natives.

Comment

So will the natives just come back next spring/summer after discing?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

So will the natives just come back next spring/summer after discing?
                        Yes they will! They will start popping in March/April. Last year at my parents homestead I saw some sprouting in late Feb.

Comment

Working...
                        X