No announcement yet.

Trail came Shade Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along the back I would suggest that you create a 1" gap. With another plate. something similar to this. That metal will get hotter than the wood you used before and will melt the electronics

Bison provides sun shields that reflect the sun's rays so they don’t come in direct contact with the surface of the cabinet. Request a quote today!

Heat rises so anything you can do to not trap the heat but allow convection to help cool would work even better.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
      Along the back I would suggest that you create a 1" gap. With another plate. something similar to this. That metal will get hotter than the wood you used before and will melt the electronics

Bison provides sun shields that reflect the sun's rays so they don’t come in direct contact with the surface of the cabinet. Request a quote today!

Heat rises so anything you can do to not trap the heat but allow convection to help cool would work even better.
      That would be great.. but Im looking into keeping it simple.... but it sounds like a great Idea.... Reflective paint coating should lower the temp by 30deg F....

We need to take into consideration that the electronics on the camera get damaged due to the direct sun to the camera..... the shade hopefully helps as it did with the wooden ones......

Comment

Good idea!!! Maybe put one of those twisty twirly roof vents on it. Lol

Comment

Looks good.
          Those wanting a simpler solution can use a T-Mate and T-Shade.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Good idea!!! Maybe put one of those twisty twirly roof vents on it. Lol

I second the Twirrly Twist vent!!!

Ive lost a few of the plastics parts that cover the motion sensors due to direct sun damage, Had to replace the whole camera..sounds like you got it figured out.. I think these will get the job done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Looks good.
              Those wanting a simpler solution can use a T-Mate and T-Shade.
              How do these work with a SPYPOINT camera with a external antenna?

Comment

Not much you can do with the antenna in most cases unless you cut a hole in the shade to accommodate them.

Comment

Looks good... Hope the birds don't use it to build nests in....

Comment

Anyone got a destructive woodpecka solution?

Comment

There have been a number of threads on it.

Mounting to a T-Post has been the solution for many folks, but not all.
                      Adding the shade according to many of my users has done the trick.
                      One of the camera manufacturers tried to convince me to rename the shade the "peck'r wrecker" but like I told him that's a website I'm not sure I want to own.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnyart View Post
                        there have been a number of threads on it.

Mounting to a t-post has been the solution for many folks, but not all.
                        Adding the shade according to many of my users has done the trick.
                        One of the camera manufacturers tried to convince me to rename the shade the "peck'r wrecker" but like i told him that's a website i'm not sure i want to own.
                        lol

Comment

Working...
                        X