No announcement yet.

QDMA---food plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The page isn't gonna be deleted is it. They are just gonna abandon it,right?

Comment

The info on the QDMA Forums is still available but as of Monday you are not able to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sorry to hear that they are shutting it down. lots of info there helped me to get started in food plotting and I am sure many other's started there

Comment

Wow! Lots of reading material at outreach outdoors! One question I had.... LC recommended 80-100lbs per acre of winter peas with his cereal grains due to the fact they will be heavily grazed and not shade out the clover in spring green up because the peas will not be there (Also, in his case the oats will be frozen dead) Has anyone tested this theory with winter peas in our area? Maybe deer farmer, uncle fish, or el gato?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
            Wow! Lots of reading material at outreach outdoors! One question I had.... LC recommended 80-100lbs per acre of winter peas with his cereal grains due to the fact they will be heavily grazed and not shade out the clover in spring green up because the peas will not be there (Also, in his case the oats will be frozen dead) Has anyone tested this theory with winter peas in our area? Maybe deer farmer, uncle fish, or el gato?
            I tried it in the beginning of my food plotting and it works here. But with me, I don't do the large food plots like elgoto, mine are more of the 1 to 1.5 acre plots where he does 5+ acre plots. Elgoto help me with some suggestions also. Clovers and such. So in my smaller food plots ( about 15 acres total) I tried LC's in some of them. But over the years I wanted to see what works best (at my place) for the least amount of money spent. I no longer do winter peas. They are not needed to attract and feed the deer in the winter at my place. I no longer do turnips or rape or plant corn. But LC has helped many and I was one he helped

Comment

Working...
            X