Cottonseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
    My plan is to get 6 of the water tote crates, load them up on a flatbed trailer, have them filled when I buy the seed, then unload them at each feed location with a front end loader and pallet forks. That's the plan, at least.
    that's what I do each one will hold around 1200lbs

Comment

How much is cottonseed per 100 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        How much is cottonseed per 100 lbs?
        I pay 260 a ton but they will sell me how much ever I want for the same price per lb so it would work out to be about $13 per hundred

Comment

Would you guys recommend feeding cotton seed year round?

Comment

Does cottonseed go bad? i have an excess in bulk and wont be putting it out past august but would the rest go bad? i have it in the bulk sacs under covered building.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtymikesboys View Post
              Does cottonseed go bad? i have an excess in bulk and wont be putting it out past august but would the rest go bad? i have it in the bulk sacs under covered building.
              I do not believe it goes bad unless it gets wet and mildews.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                It won't hurt in free ranging deer Im just not a fan of free choice feed during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtymikesboys View Post
                  Only if it gets wet and can't drain or dry out. I had a big dump trailer full this year and all the rains hit us while it was full. I couldn't get out to move it or fill feed stations so it just kept getting rained on for a couple weeks. Only about and inch at the bottom of the trailer went bad the rest shed the water and dried really well.
                  I do not believe it goes bad unless it gets wet and mildews.
                  Yep

Comment

Any gins that still have it? My last load came from batesville, but it was $350 a ton, and for that price, I'd rather just feed protein pellets.

Comment

we feed it January to September. It is most important post rut for weight gain. We stop all protein and cottonseed in September -

Comment

Call Cape and Sons out of San Angelo, they will have what you need

Comment

I use these bins. What ready to plant cottonseed comes in. I get a total of 3500# in these two bins. I bought seed this spring for $275 ton.
                          Attached Files

Comment

But still shoveling it out?

Comment

Yes use a pitchfork to get out the of bins into cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X