Cottonseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed

For you guys feeding cottonseed and buying it in bulk, how are you putting it out? Shovel,buckets,pitchfork,tractor.....? Does anyone have any creative process?

Following

Comment

trailer and shovel it in - it is the only option. But has made a hell of a difference on our ranch

Comment

Trailer or truck bed and shoveling it into feeders. We've also been using the big water tote crates for some of our feeders. On those we've filled them up at the gin, and wenched them off the trailer in the feeder pen.

Comment

Tkk. How many stations and acres if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

We shovel it out of the bed of our trucks.

Comment

We buy it in 1,000 lb super sacks and put it out with buckets. With a couple guys it goes pretty quick.

Comment

Can you still find it in bulk or is everyone sold out. We are in Christoval.

Comment

I bought 100 of these and fill them at the gin with the help of a friend and a grain shovel. The bags will hold around 80 pounds. Store full bags of seed under a large tarp at the ranch and fill our baskets as needed. 8 full bags will fit comfortably in the bed of a truck. You can load up many more on a flatbed trailer. Labor intensive, but it's the best way I've found to do it without having a dedicated walled/boarded off trailer.

This heavy-duty polypropylene bag is made out of durable 800 denier polypropylene. The large 24” x 40” size can hold up to 100 pounds. It has many uses, including storing potatoes, squash, and other produce, holding cattle feed, and protecting and transporting objects.
                  Last edited by TxHuntFish; 07-19-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Ours is dumped on the ground and then covered with a big tarp. We use a grain shovel and put it in my truck bed or trailer and haul it to all the baskets and use the same shovel to fill. They are hammering it right now. It's lasting about 7-10 days per fill up.

Comment

We used to buy it in bags but, it made it much more labor intensive if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                        Tkk. How many stations and acres if you don't mind me asking?
                        9000 acres - around 40 stations - some are inside pens with the protein and others are located outside of pens. We have been through around 50 tons so far this year - we use Hartzendorf Gin out of Sinton - good prices and they deliver a wide area

Comment

There is a guy in Elgin that carries it in bulk, you can call him before you go and he will bag it for you in 50# sacks. We built small circular pins to feed out of and works great.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Grain scoop...granddad was a cotton farmer and I filled a lot of trailers, cattle feeders and sacks!

Comment

My plan is to get 6 of the water tote crates, load them up on a flatbed trailer, have them filled when I buy the seed, then unload them at each feed location with a front end loader and pallet forks. That's the plan, at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X