No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does the guy charge for tractor work. i need a road cleaned up before next season.

Comment

I was up there Wednesday through Saturday and never saw a deer. Hand corned 3 spots with cameras on each. No pictures of a deer as of Friday afternoon. I left out Saturday morning and figured I would go back up after Christmas. I've seen good activity in early December in the past. Not sure what the problem was this time. Friday should have been a great day and I hunted hard. Didn't even see a deer driving around.

Comment

checked cameras this weekend. Some of the nice bucks are starting to come back to one of the feeders but not much at the others. Saw a really nice buck walking in cover about 20 yards behind my feeder. He looked into the clearing and then just kept walking. Think I'm gonna find a spot on the trail to try the hand corn. Found some rubs I hadn't seen before. Anyone else seeing new rubs?

Comment

Be careful in the late season I had a buck shed one side on Christmas day, found another shed new years day on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
            Be careful in the late season I had a buck shed one side on Christmas day, found another shed new years day on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Good point. My big doe I shot in January a couple of years back had nearly bloody pedicles. It's a bad feeling.....

Comment

Do they really shed that early?!

Comment

Some definitely do, Daniel.

Comment

I'll be heading up on Friday morning for my first trip to the mountains since October. Looking forward to running some cams that are in some remote spots. Packing rain gear and cold gear.

Hoping to see allot of activity ahead of what looks to be a hellacious cold front! Haven't hunted in this cold of weather in a while. Probably will just be me and FIL.

Anyone else going to be in God's country this weekend?

Comment

May be up there Monday and Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Not going till after Christmas..... Good luck Booner

Comment

headed up Friday evening. Hopefully can stay warm.

Comment

Was actually a nice evening. Heavy drizzle but other than that, pert nice. The front is supposed to be through here soon after daylight. I think the morning hunt should be good until the winds starts a blowing hard that is.

Good luck.

Comment

Calm morning. Hiked to the set in a T-shirt.

Comment

Temps are taking a nosedive now. One doe came by so far. Other than that, just cold wind.

Sticking it out for an all day sit.

Comment

During the offseason I am thinking of making a winch up feeder or two. What length would you make the legs so bears won't be able to reach the bottom of the feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X