Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
    Man was it slow up there today, nothing was moving at all. Thinking the gun hunters made them all go nocturnal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned this last year, after rifle it got really slow, I would have lots of deer pictures at feeders even during the day, but soon as I showed up to hunt I wouldn't see much if anything. I came to the conclusion that the slightest amount of pressure will make them disappear in December. Also afternoon hunts were better for the few I did see in December.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
      I learned this last year, after rifle it got really slow, I would have lots of deer pictures at feeders even during the day, but soon as I showed up to hunt I wouldn't see much if anything. I came to the conclusion that the slightest amount of pressure will make them disappear in December. Also afternoon hunts were better for the few I did see in December.

Pressure will cause them to dig in really hard. We are seeing this right now at our place. I moved some cameras around and I'm hoping my scouting is gonna pay off.

Comment

We did have this guy show up on camera again at MWW's set.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Yessir!

Comment

Saw six doe today and they were hitting the clover/wheat pretty hard. Hopefully one of the big boys will be hungry in the morning. I am the only that has hunted our 400 acres and only twice all year, hasn't been pressured and our big bucks hit the plots late season. Weather is right and I'm hoping to see a big un!

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
              Pressure will cause them to dig in really hard. We are seeing this right now at our place. I moved some cameras around and I'm hoping my scouting is gonna pay off.
              The deer are there, you just have to really hunt them....Only hand corn and plots!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                The deer are there, you just have to really hunt them....Only hand corn and plots!!

We don't have any good spots for plots.....it's so rocky here, we need a **** bulldozer. Hand corn will be used extensively until 1/15.

Comment

Dozer

We don't have any good spots for plots.....it's so rocky here, we need a **** bulldozer. Hand corn will be used extensively until 1/15.

We are bringing in a dozer this year. I have cleared 3 nice plots (1/2 acre) on the tractor, but takes to much time and is to much work for one guy. Gonna just knock it out and hope to have 5-10 acres brought to dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                    We are bringing in a dozer this year. I have cleared 3 nice plots (1/2 acre) on the tractor, but takes to much time and is to much work for one guy. Gonna just knock it out and hope to have 5-10 acres brought to dirt.

We literally just talked about a dozen today. Are y'all renting it? How much?

Comment

I understand the idea of food plots and hand corn but after the rifle season and things slow down, does anyone see feeder activity pick back up any? We really didn't get any food plots set up this year. Have some places to hand corn possibly but figured once the acorns get in short supply, the deer would start hitting feeders again.

Comment

I had some deer hitting this little plot in November, I moved the camera off of it so not sure if they are using it more now. Before most pictures were at night. But where we are the cattle and wild horses keep it eat down.

Comment

What do you have planted Slinger?

Comment

Rarely

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                            I understand the idea of food plots and hand corn but after the rifle season and things slow down, does anyone see feeder activity pick back up any? We really didn't get any food plots set up this year. Have some places to hand corn possibly but figured once the acorns get in short supply, the deer would start hitting feeders again.
                            We own our land in push and I spend a lot of time watching the deer up there. The few times we did have a big buck start hitting the feeders it was usually when they group back up in early January. I would hand corn a spot close to a feeder. I know that sounds crazy, but I can take the corn out of my free choice feeders and throw it out in the plot and the deer will eat it and not eat it out of the feeder. Never have understood it and it is the only place I have ever hunted where it's that way?

Comment

Saw 6 doe and 2 young bucks. Once again hit the plots but didn't touch the corn and the big boys must still be on some acorns. Gonna head back to Kansas and hope one starts coming in after the 1st of the year.

Comment

PM

We literally just talked about a dozen today. Are y'all renting it? How much?

Sent you a PM and anyone else looking I have a guy that can do some dozer work that is very reasonable and a hard working good dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X