2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    Arrowslinger, it may just be the way he is turned and standing but the buck on the right looks a bit older to me. That sway in his back and belly with the brisket make him look a bit older that the wider buck on the left. I'd hard pressed not to let the air out of either if given the opportunity. They look mature to me.

Micah
    Thanks for the input, aging deer is hard for me especially in the summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
      Arrowslinger, it may just be the way he is turned and standing but the buck on the right looks a bit older to me. That sway in his back and belly with the brisket make him look a bit older that the wider buck on the left. I'd hard pressed not to let the air out of either if given the opportunity. They look mature to me.

Micah
      I agree with the age ^^^^

Yeah, I have had a rough pre-season. No bucks at all in my spot....which may be a good thing because when they're there early, they clear out as the velvet rubs off. My buddy also whacked a 136" 11 point about 500 yards from my stand last year, so with that mature buck gone, I'm sure another one will move into his place. I need to go put some corn out and get it ready, it hasn't had any in a couple of weeks.

Coons got ahold of my timer at my east Texas lease , now I gotta make that 2.5 hour drive again and fix that situation.

Comment

Got my plots seeded and my beans/plot screen I planted 3 weeks ago took off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this if anyone is interested in doing surveys for the state of Oklahoma

Comment

Been pretty quiet out there. Anyone seeing anything? Got this young local buck picked out for my son. The area we hunt may not be accessible next year so why wait.......Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	24461579

Comment

We are going to be hunting just outside of Antlers, anyone know of a good deer processor up that way that we can drop deer off. That way I don't have to drive 3 hours to the one I normally go to.....saw one in Hugo called Porter's custom meat processing or Tater Hills Deer Processing.

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with Tucker's slaughtered house in Durant.

Comment

Where are you?

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                  Been pretty quiet out there. Anyone seeing anything? Got this young local buck picked out for my son. The area we hunt may not be accessible next year so why wait.......[ATTACH]813091[/ATTACH]

I swear I put an arrow in that dudes daddy last year!

Comment

What type of firearm / spray do you carry with you when walking around the woods as bear protection?

Comment

1911 45acp

Comment

Black bear attacks on humans are rare so I don't worry about it too much. Saying that I carry a baby glock .357 sig with me in the woods. If there were brown bear in the woods I would be more concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                          What type of firearm / spray do you carry with you when walking around the woods as bear protection?
                          10mm...

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                            Black bear attacks on humans are rare so I don't worry about it too much. Saying that I carry a baby glock .357 sig with me in the woods. If there were brown bear in the woods I would be more concerned.

I would most certainly be more concerned with browns or Grizz in the hunting woods.
                            Last edited by Crookhunter; 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM. Reason: miss stated

Comment

Went and checked cameras, hang stands and brush in blinds. Not much going on yet, pigs are everywhere, some bears still around and not many deer on camera. It will all change in the next few weeks. We got 1-2 inches of rain Saturday night so that should help our small plots kick off.

This is the only picture I got of one of our sets.

This was one of our better spots last year. Put out hand Corn and some rice bran and they will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post

.40 Glock

Comment

Working...
                                X